VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Combined Rating And Struggling At Work

Rate this question

Eddie6464

Question

im 10% right wrist

20% right shoulder

20% left shoulder

50% anxiety/depression

and im horribly struggling at work with chronic pain and extreme anxiety and depression with constant thoughts of suicide. should i put in for unemploybility...

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

im 10% right wrist

20% right shoulder

20% left shoulder

50% anxiety/depression

and im horribly struggling at work with chronic pain and extreme anxiety and depression with constant thoughts of suicide. should i put in for unemploybility...

I would speak with my MH provider/s about this first.

Eddie- Hang in there brother. Trust me I know where your at. I've had those thoughts recently as well. I cannot hold down a job due to a screwed up sleep schedule, sometimes my anxiety gets so bad I won't leave the room let alone the house. I had a job for about three weeks. I was making good money. I've been waiting since October 2008 between my claim, and appeal. My VARO is the NYC one, and on the Monday Morning Workload not one appeal has been completed in the month of December. Don't do yourself in, if you do they win. Sometimes spite for these heartless bastards is the only thing that keeps me going. Keep your head up and screwed on straight.

• Founder

Eddie -

"constant thoughts of suicide" is the priority here, you can't get unemployability if you are dead. Get yourself to mental health, go to the VA emergency room and tell them you are suicidal if you can't do that call the veterans crisis line their website is here http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/ their phone number is 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1

You must get stabilized before you can take on the VA with your claim. We want you to win and to win you need to stay here.

im 10% right wrist

20% right shoulder

20% left shoulder

50% anxiety/depression

Ditto what Tbird said!

I used to have constant thoughts of suicide and knew that it wasn't right. I used to think that "I never used to be this way" or "I'm not good for anything anymore". I was lucky enough to have friends who I would talk to, and they had no problems putting our friendship on the line by calling the police to get me into an Emergency Room for help ASAP.

thank you all for your advice...I really do need help and will turn myself in to mental health. Im not safe to anyone specially myself but im truely a nice guy i just cant bare the chronic pain 24hr a day and i feel useless to my family specially my 8 yr old daugther who i can carry or play with or even enjoy because i am in such a nasty mood. i wanna be normal one day again like i use to be because im a hard worker thats been holding a good job since i got discharge and dont wanna to give up but im really on my last days right on the edge of destruction. its devastating think of intentionally driving off the road and killing myself so at least i dont look like a coward hanging my self but god knows whats in store for me. good night