VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nvlsp Common Va Errors For Increase

FM...Yes, but mostly Veterans attoreny's use this stuff. While I can not give you a specific example, right now, Berta relies heavily upon the Veterans Benefit Manual, as do Vet attorney's.

If you are pro se, then cite the citations (Case law, VA fast letter, etc) that NVLSP used, even tho the NVLSP basically wrote the Veterans Benefit Manual.

The "advice" NVLSP gives here is "battle tested" and includes applicable case law, not some hypothesis of how a rater will rate.

Thanks Bronco. who is Berta?

I probably won't hire an attorney and could probably cite based on past stories and examples. However, if it gets really sticky, then i probably will retain a Lawyer.

In the meantime, any examples will be appreciated!!

I like this, everyone should read this. In fact, in my case; (where I will not mention what VSO) sent me a paper form asking for a private money gift after my rating and they did not represent me properly or present my medical records or submit to the VA hardly anything I sent them and I got a very, very low rating. I have had to figure out everything on my own since and will ONLY get an accredited attorney. Without any doubt they were sidelining with the VA against me, I am positive and have no idea why. I am disgusted, treated like I wanted some handout, no consideration of all my medical problems (stuck at home in pain living with parent, in bed most days all day) or what went through in service and combat. I would have never known, you sacrifice your health and potentially give your life for your country and get a whole bunch of injuries and even the VSO's are against you. Someone may look down at this, it's the truth in my case and I am not saying all are like this, the have-and-have-not rule seems to always apply though regardless of your disabilities no matter at the VA hospital or otherwise giving appreciation for what you sacrificed of your health/body(period)

i'm sure many of us feel this way for valid reasons regarding some VSOs. certainly not all VSOs. like some that work for that org that gets office space leased/given to them from VA. i wouldn't comment on this if not for written expert opinions (legal & medical) and evidence that differs from VA opinions, showing VSOs this and yet, VSOs take side with VA. yet you hear this org's advertisements on the radio of how their VSOs will do all they can to help the veteran get their benefits. but, as mentioned above, present them with the evidence and they, or so it certainly looks like it, disclaim the civilian evidence from legal and medical and wont follow through on the claim . so whats left is veteran gets an accredited attorney if they can't fight it themselves. leads credence though, to yes, it does look and feel like some VSOs most certainly side with VA. no other logically answer one can come up with. sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

broncovet has found some great information click on the link he provided READ IT it has some great information that will help you win your claim

htt://www.purplehea...ease 3.2011.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know a good way to respond, other than to say that such practices once were common.

The veteran's name, etc. ended up in a national service orgs database, and multiple requests for contributions, advertisements, etc.

resulted. I have to assume that the service org received some sort of compensation.

"Has anyone applied the information from NVLSP (National Veterans Legal Service Program) and won a decision/"

The VBM by NVLSP was the only legal info I had on FTCA case law when I won my FTCA claim many years ago.

Their 1151 info was great too.

Most recently I was awarded 4 CUE claims, within my Nehmer decision,

And used a brief paragraph ,quoted from the VBM (Veterans Benefits Manual written by NVLSP) to

succeed on those CUEs.

It regarded one of the same regs that my RO had broken.

The other regs they broke involved diagnostic codes etc.

Years ago I used to donate the newest editions of the VBM to my former vet reps.

I learned they hid those manuals , in an upstairs room that most vets had no access to, and never read the VBM themselves.

No wonder theuy didnt have a clue.

Rick Sparato, head Nehmer Lawyer, NVLSP graciously answered every question I had regarding Footnote One of the 2010 Nehmer decision so I could give accurate info here.

I have had an advocates relationship with NVLSP since 1991.

And have won all of my claims so far, in part because of the VBM and it's legal aspects of VA case law,

BUT

also because my medical evidence was highly probative.

Evidence is everything.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use