VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hospital, Surgery

Rate this question

Landluver

Question

Hello all. Question is once out of surgery and now recovering from being cut open. Does it take huge amounts of time for them to get the tempory 100% goin? I'm going to be missing about 12 weeks of work think it will start b4 I get back working or do you go to poor farm firstAl

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Quint7:

As it appears that is has been less than 1 year since the date of the decision granting whatever period of convalescence was granted or since the date of the decision denying additional convalescence, I suggest you file a formal Notice of Disagreement (NOD).

Ask for a DRO hearing and a de novo review.

Make absolutely sure that the VARO has a copy of the original WRITTEN recommendation from your surgeon that stated you required a 6 month convalescence. In your NOD, state that the Rating Decision dated _______ granting ____ months of convalescence ignored competent medical opinion and recommendation.

Be prepared to show/prove that you in point of fact were not working during the period from the end of the granted period of convalescence to the end of the recommended convalescence.

Don't want to hijack (much) but they wanted nothing to do with any rating other than convalescence rating which they told me was only able to start on the 1st of the month after surgery even though mine was on Jan 3rd. Dr. said 6 months with no work. Like I said, they approved 2, I filed a NOD and got 3 which they said was the max.

Took this from the Cornell Law website;

A (snip)

I don't belive you've hijacked this at all. This info is exactly what I'm looking for so I know what to expect. Reading your info from the code suggests you have been jacked,and a nod would be in order. Crap I want to send a nod for just not being informed as to what the h--- they are doing with my claim if anything at all. The way the surgen wrote my release to work date gave me a month. When I went back to get the 30 staples out the PA said that's when you can start pt not work. So now I get to fight va and the short term people. This also is tied to work comp which seems so easy this time,( last time I thought lawyer wasn't doing his job) but now the atty is doing every thing and I do very little of the battle alone. This is what I'm going to do if and when I get another stupid responce from the VRO, I WILL HIRE A LAWYER. I think the VA is way better at ignoring a vet than helping them. The medical care is GREAT, it the raters and that part of the system I feel is lacking compassion and feel they are in such controll they can do as they wish. A experienced lawyer should be able to expedite the process and get a better result with a lot less mental anguish. I do belive the people at regional don't really give a rats ass!

My thoughts only.

Good vent also thanks for the reply to my post, being hijacked or not just says I'm not in this boat alone!Thanks again guys.Wishing all a better if nt a great new year ahead!

Al

Edited by Landluver

Sadly my back surgery was 3 years ago today so getting the extra 3 months is out of the question. I didn't know I could've fought this back then thanks to lousy representation. I am waiting for the decision on my knee. I submitted the claim in Nov. and have yet to receive anything on it but it is listed on Ebenefits. I have a earlier effective date claim for it (going back to 1994 when my enlistment ended) 'at' the BVA. "At" as in it has been in the waiting for your representatives write up part since the beginning of April.

VA...... the long and winding road.

Glad my post helped!