VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Part Of My Journey

Rate this question

maset22

Question

Hi Hadit Family. As my time since I have recognize, been diagnose, and been thru C&P for my trauma. I "We" still have to live with the thoughts, anxiety, depressions, dreams and so on. Not an easy journey for most, if not all.

I, found that an inspection of my thoughts was necessary, to avoid the before mention symptoms, So I turn to Mindfulness Meditation, to be aware of my life as I lived it with PTSD. I had to slow my racing thoughts in my head that did not make me sleep, this did not happen over night. I had to slow myself down, even while not living the life I once knew, meaning "I was not doing anything"

As I sit, and sit, nothing seems to be happening, but I keep doing it, and even seek professional help to make sure I was on the right path to what I was seeking. "Peace" and a way to live with others that love me. Including myself on this journey. Even thou I have not arrive, I can understand and see sometimes a better way not to answer at somethings. I am more in charge now, while I sit.

Some of us do this journey by Ourselves, I was kind of lucky to have a VA and some Dr. that help me to cope when I use the 800 number several times, maybe just to talk, and knowing someone was on the other side. Family at Hadit also played a big role in keeping me inbounds. So please find your Help.

Now that I prefer to sit and meditate, to change me from the inside, to be aware. I can choose to say, or not. It is my choice. I am not on auto pilot, I can enjoy the shower, my dogs, my Mom without walking on glass, plus now I can have a conversation with my wife, and let my boys Be. "33 and 26". I still don't go to the mall, nor I care to. I am more at ease, working towards peace.

If I can find anyone that sit, stand or lay down, I would appreciate feed back and insight to help us all. Happy New year, and be Safe.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have tried this tool also. unfortunately it was unsuccessful for me, but i am glad it works for you! it is important to find peace with in yourself if you can. by doing this you have achieved a greater battle with in yourself and i applaud you for that as it is no easy feat!

• Founder

The year I got out of the service I was at the VA hospital coming a bit unglued, the next year I realized I had to get real zen about everything, in order to cope I had to open my eyes to being in the moment, I had to learn ways to calm that savage beast that raged inside me, it is life long journey for me.

I am not back there and I am not out there I simply am here, now.

Thanks Tbird, just as you stated, moment to moment, been in the now and having that chance to live in it. Our memories will not go away, but we don't have to live there.

For anyone of my service member, I recommend getting in touch with who you are now, it takes time and practice, the rewards will come.

Transcendental Meditation is being taught at Triad Behavioral Resources. It is a grant of r Operation Wellness in NC. I have been in the program for 3 months. While it is not a cure for PTSD, I have found some calmness in my mind. Will practice the technique for life.

Thanks Sharon, I will look into this info! I have not heard of trancendental meditation, as you might know there are many types of meditation, with different technics and goals. I am always looking to learn and understand the mind (Our Sences and Reason) on the why. Thanks once again Sharon, if I have any question can I contact you?