VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retro!

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just received an IRIS letter stating this-

Dear Mr. Cool Breeze-

Thank you for your inquiry of December 08, 2011.

A review of your records shows that you received a Notification Letter on November 28, 2011. A retroactive payment on December 1, 2011 for $528.00 and a regular payment of $941.00 was received on the same day. The two payments received on December 1, 2011 totaled $1,469.00 and your payment on December 30, 2011 was for $1,479.00. No other retro payments are to be received.

If you have further questions, you may call our toll free number of 800-827-1000 and speak to one of our representatives. You may also write to the Phoenix VA Regional Office, 3333 North Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012, or send us an electronic inquiry through the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.

What the heck? I thought I was waiting for the military retirement to finish there audit, so the VA can pay me 2 years of retro. This is definitely going to my Congressman's office that they are cheating me-this is a Cue claim. How do I go about suing the VA for emotional distress. I am having severe chest pains from this-I'll see what Peggy has to say-someone owes me big time!!

I am not putting up with this *****.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mine is at an admin review now. It takes a long time to get anything done there.

I think what they should do is figure out really, what the period is to manage these audits and reviews and then make that the official time line and stick to it. I wouldn't mind if they said, your retro payment will be on 15 July 2012 (well, I would), and then pay me on that date. Rather than secrets, innuendos, and stock answers. They act like they just started this program yesterday. It's almost as if they think if they don't give a clear answer, no one can hold them to it. Instead, they need to step back and figure out how long it should take and then tell people that figure. They have far less credibilty with this smoke and mirrors system, than just admitting how long it will take and why. Besides, they would have fewer phone calls and emails to answer if they just put everyone on a time table.

I dunno. I think most of us are afraid to believe anything until we have it and that someone will figure out a way to keep it from us. Everything is a fight and we sit back waiting for the bad news and imagining how much of a fight it's going to take this time.

Just the thought of what people went through with Agent Orange and Gulf War Syndrome, esp those guys who never lived to see compensation, makes me feel incredibly fortunate.

I don't mind waiting just tell me how long it is going to be. And then deliver it on that day.

-Grey Mike

It makes no sense at all how you could have a claim approved, and then wait till hell freezes over to get your back pay. I have heard all the old and new excuses for this issue. You would think once it came back from DPAS it would go straight to the VA payroll so someone can type the amount in on your bank account and be done with it.

Nope. They are using the time guidelines of a new claim and at the same time lying saying it doesn't follow under those guide lines.

I believe they are only supposed to kick out a certain amount of funds per month or quarter, and when that number has been reached, just inform the call center the same-"do to the heavy back log of claims, we are unable to tell you when yours wil be approved. And bla, bla, bla.

And by the way-it took over 2 weeks for a fax to be entered into there system requesting a hardship. Doesn't matter if you mail it in or fax. I was told they receive 10's of thousands of documents per day and with the limited staff they are doing the best they can. Limited staff?

Edited by COOL BREEZE

The more I read about what others are going through, the more depressing it is. sad.png Every time you reach the projected time frame, it gets moved further out for one reason or another. Almost a year is long enough, don't know how you all have been dong it for more than that.

Sure, the back pay will be nice, if it happens, and if I still have my home by then! I think I will go have a glass of wine or three. Donna

Please have a few for me DONNA. I can't t drink anymore.

The VA can't stick to any time frame. They have no one to punish them for not doing so. Is must be any easy go lucky work environment where you don't have to worry about loosing your job. Just show up, put in your time and go home. Big deal if you got 5 or ten claims done. Too bad if you a few meetings to attend, or something else came up. Too bad if the veteran has to wait another 6 months to a year after their claim was done before they get the retro. We'll just put that in the bottom of a pile somewhere and provide the excuse do the 600-700 thousand claims their is no estimated frame before you get it.

This is a very sad disorganiazed outfit. Most other non federal companies would have been forced to go out of business years ago

But other then that- everything is good. My hair is turning white, I have used up all vaction days, sick days, so life goes on.