VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thailand Ao Vets Important New C & P Bulletin

Rate this question

Berta

Question

This change in policy could warrant a better EED for some AO Thailand veterans.

Source of pdf: Kurt Priessmann

Thailand new C& P & Bulletin Jan 2012.pdf

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thats great, thanks Berta. I hope that VA will try to find all these Vet's that serve in Thailand. But I know they will do their best to hide this!

BTW , Kurt Priessman is the source of this bulletin and yes I agree with your assessment of the proper EED. as February 2008.

Kurt has been a great help to us Thailand vets, I talked with him a couple of years ago and he really helped me after my original claim for DMII and heart problems was denied in 2008. I reopened my DMII claim in 2009 with all the information that Kurt has up on the net and the VA denied to claim in 2010, ignoring all of the evidence that I submitted and claiming that herbicides were never use in Thailand, I appealed last August resubmitting everything that I had sent in 2009 along with the copy of the May 2010 bulletin. When the VA added IHD in 2009 I reopened my heart claim. I'm still waiting to hear on that claim. According to "Peggy" the IHD claim was closed Apr of 2011 but I haven't heard anything yet, I also have an appeal on my knees going since 2009. If they ever decide to grant sc for the IHD that may also go back to 2008.

Berta, I want to thank you for all the help and encouragement you have given us especially myself.

Rick

Bumping up for Thailand vet

I am Thailand Vet. Takhli RTAFB 12/66 - 12/67. Filed for s/c for DM2 due to direct exposure in 10/2001, shortly after Clinton had diabetes put on the list. Waco, denied, I appealed, went through NODS, SOCs, SSOCs, and finally the BVA, a lawyer got it into the CAVC, at which time it was remanded to the AMC (Appeals Mgt Center and/or the Waco Regional Office) in early 2008. Kept asking for info which I sent. Then in early 2012 got another SSOC at which time my VSO and I sent in the docs (CHECO, & Base Defense of Thai Bases, and map of base). Not a word from them until I noticed in "ebenefits" that a decision had been made. Got the big envelope today, and wouldn't you know it has been remanded again. In Jan this year along with the CHECK, I sent a couple of buddy type emails stating that the NCO "hootches" were right by the flightline, etc. All this was mentioned in their response today. They have asked the JSRRC (Joint Svc Records Research Center) for the second time to attempt to find records of hericide use/storage at Takhli during my tour of duty 12/66 - 12/67, even though DOD has confirmed that they were used in the 60's and 70's. Please, would anyone have any insight/opinions as to what my next move should be? Sorry for the book. THANKS in Advance!!