VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Disturbing Video About The Va And Claims

Rate this question

Mooshi

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry Scott did this about 2 or 3 years ago I don't know if Jim Strickland is adding new video's to the VA Watchdog files or not, just make sure you get date stamped copies back from the VARO and put them in a safe place./

Larry Scott did this about 2 or 3 years ago I don't know if Jim Strickland is adding new video's to the VA Watchdog files or not, just make sure you get date stamped copies back from the VARO and put them in a safe place./

I would say this is very good advice. In my Social Security case - I began to realize that someone in SSA was not helping our claims. They were not just "losing" papers - they were not filing them. When I requested our Hearings, I took them to another local office and had them date stamp copies. As I suspected, our Hearing requests were not filed. Though I sent a significant amount of evidence by certified mail and kept indicating that it was for our HEARINGS, they eventually sent my son a letter dismissing his appeal - telling him that he had been told to ask for a Hearing, and that he had merely asked for another Reconsideration. So they dismissed the appeal.

Luckily, I had date stamped copies of the actual Request of Hearings that we had submitted. I sent those directly to the Hearing office, and asked to have them accepted as of the day of the date stamp. We were scheduled for our hearings. As someone was apparently trying to get our claims dismissed - those date-stamped copies saved our claims.

As far as the VA - I have sent in requests to receive date-stamped copies of what we submit - and they said they can't do that. I send my info by certified mail. Will they only date-stamp if you deliver them in person?

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience with VA in Waco is that they kept all records. The problem was for the most part the C File was completely disorganized mess. They even had correspondence with my Bank when I applied for my VA Home Loan.

Many forget that the VA also keeps separate files. The VAMC usually has an Admin File and Voc Rehab keeps their own files.

Also many C Files have incomplete SMR records and 401 Personal File which may ore may not have impact on proving service connection