VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

CShock

Question

It feels a little like success. Filed initial claim 1 Mar 11, checked e-bene today and the status changed from "review of evidence" to "preparation for decision. I'm just happy to see some movement, should I expect another long wait before things advance again? I really hadn't expected to see any movement or hear anything prior to the 1 year mark and I think perhaps I should stick with that premise, just wanted to get a few opinions.

Shock

John999,

Thanks for the good advice, and thanks to the great folks on this aite I know not to count the money until it is in the bank. However it does appear that things are moving forward. Also my two close friends who retired 2-3 years prior to be received word of their initial claims in about 10 - 12 months and I am approaching 11 months. If it still takes awhile to receive further word , I'm ok with chat. But as mentioned earlier it is good to see movement. I just hope that unlike my hairline things don't receed at this point. Thanks again.

Shock

Hi Shock

Your lucky my initial claim since I retired from the Air Force in 2010 is going on 17 months with no end in sight. But glad to see your close and hope you see that well deserved money soon. John

I submitted my claim in May 2010. I received a call from my Vet Services rep in December stating my claim was

at the rating board as of 11/22/2011. Still shows on Ebenefits and call center as review of evidence. Needless

to say one hand is not talking to the other.

• Founder

I submitted my claim in May 2010. I received a call from my Vet Services rep in December stating my claim was

at the rating board as of 11/22/2011. Still shows on Ebenefits and call center as review of evidence. Needless

to say one hand is not talking to the other.

I really don't think there is any way to tell. It is possible that your claim can go back and forth you may get all the way to Pending Decision Approval and then go back to Gathering Evidence, it can be very crazy making for us. I'm not trying to get you down, I'm just saying in my experience there isn't any way to predict when a claim may get done.

Sleeper692, Pete53 and Manning01,

Thank you all for the info. Manning I really hope you see some movement/closure soon on your claim. The reader's digest version of my claim is this. I am rated at 60%, with one claim for scars (5 in all on my rt knee) being defered. Measurements were needed and surprisingly enough the local VAMC called me in for an appointment and this has been squared away. I have a claim for sleep apnea which hasn't been rated on, although I provided my report and supporting docs earlier but are being requested again. I was a little shocked however very pleased about my rating especially since my SA isn't part of the claim yet and my scars "should" yield an additional 10-30% percent rating. To say the least I am happy about the outcome.

Thanks again to all and I will post the details of my contentions in the "Success Stories" forum.

Shock

Edited by CShock

I need advice and help please. I submitted my VA claim 20 months agoI just had my doctors appts last month. I thought I was getting closer to getting a rating and compensation but now ebenfits still says gathering of evidence and alot of the stuff I sent them it says they havent received. I don't know what I can do to end this process 20 months is a ridiculous amount of time. I am facing a medical discharge and with Va compensation im going to be hurting. Is it possible ebenfits is wrong I would like to think it is and since I had all my compensation appts that I am getting really close to the end. Please help with any info or similar stories you may have. God bless you fellow soldiers. Ray