VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award Letter

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

My award letter states that i became disabled on 9 september, however i was discharged on the 29th of september, i think they forgot to add a 2, do i need to send a letter into the RO stating this, also, the VA has a decision in my file that i never recieved about my discharge, i saw it at my CandP with my file, can i just walk into the RO and get a copy of this, and view my file, i went in one time a long time ago and i was told i cannot just come in there and view my file, is this true or do i need to fight to see it

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

just call peggy, she'll send a copy. I called the 800 number and they mailed a copy (c-file) out that day. The c&p file request must be done in person.

• HadIt.com Elder

it's not a fight but you normally need to make an appointment with the VARO to do this and no they will not copy it there and then on that day if you want a copy of the complete C File you need to ask for that seperately depending on the VARO it can take 4 weeks to a year good luck

I made a request for some copies from my c file and my VARO put it in like it was a claim and then it was going to hold up my appeal so I had to cancel the request.

just call peggy, she'll send a copy. I called the 800 number and they mailed a copy (c-file) out that day. The c&p file request must be done in person.

If this actually happened - you are one of the very fortunate few and lucky ones.