VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If I' M At 70% Am I Eligible For Ssi

Rate this question

slough52

Question

eatlier i ask a question about applying for unemployability and the was asked why i hadn't apllied for ssi..i don't understand could u give me a hand..and would i need paperwork from da va here to show i'm at the percentage i claim and would that help..thanks guys

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

slough52 If it is at all possible get Social Security Disability first, if you get VA disability first it counts dollar for dollar against SSDI. If your VA income is now greater than something like $659 or whatever their paying for SSDI, you will get deigned because of the income guidelines. If you have enough work credits you can apply for your regular Social Security benefits though.

He's already 70% from VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are FERS you can get SSDI. If you are CSRS you can't. I presume you get a disability pension from the Feds? I would sure try for TDIU if you are 70%. It will be more than your disability pension from the feds because it is tax free. My FERS and SSDI do not match what I get from the VA. When you hit 62 the feds are supposed to recompute your disability pension. I got 29 years and about 7 months time.