VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crsc,retirement,va Disability

Rate this question

DS_Wells

Question

I have been retired for about 11 days now. I am 60% DOD and 100% VA and entitled to CRSC that application has been sent in. I need a straight answer as to what money I am going to get Money is more than tight. I was under the impression that I would get all my retirement and disability and CRSC. since I am 100% disabled. Please someone explain this to me. Thanks again.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello. Thanks for your response. Yes I have applied and even being 100sc I was denied but I did appeal and sent all MEB and VA docs. I will continue to try!! Yes I am Retired Army. Medical retirement! I am in the Hurt locker right now financially I have a hard time just feeding my four kids. It will work out in the end I hope!! God willing.

I know several drawing SSD right now and have a friend that works in appeals for SSA if we need clarification. Are you drawing CRSC or CRDP and are you TDRL or PDRL? Try these sources

DFAS 1-800-321-1080 or 1-877-327-4457

They will make the payment so they may be able to provide a straight answer

My biggest Question is since I am 100% VA and receiving 60% from the army will there be an offset due to the fact that I am 100% VA. And If I am granted CRSC that is just an additional check correct? and should be equal to the VA check since all conditions are combat related and I was granted 10ac. I am willing to work if I need to but my ability isnt the greatest but just like I served my country I need to continue to serve my family in need. Thank you in advance.

it is my personal understanding that you would receive 100% from VA AND your percentage of combat related disability in addition as CRSC (if approved for CRSC).

For example. if you were 100% with VA and 50% for PTSD and 10% for neck injury (with the military), but the neck injury was caused during training here in the United States, only the 50% PTSD would be paid (Combat related disability) so you would recieve 100% VA + 50% CRSC. The 50% CRSC is 50% of your applicable retirement pay.

You also MUST sign the VA Waiver to recieve CRSC.

You can check out more info here at the official ARMY site for CRSC:

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/crsc/index.html

Good Luck!

DS

I am posting a link to M21-1MR that will help you understand the difference and which should apply to you.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/WARMS/M21_1MR3.asp scroll down to chapter 5 Military retirement pay.

check this link as well, some very good info. http://www.military.com/benefits/content/military-pay/special-pay/combat-related-special-compensation-crsc-faqs.html