VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Report Error

Rate this question

hazegrayunderway

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I had my C & P exam last month and had requested a copy of the examination report 2 weeks after and found and error on the Physicians note. Can I submit a 21-4138 and inform the VA of the error that I found before they render a decision? Please advise. Thanks.

What EXACTLY, do you feel is in error on the C&P examination ?

Carlie,

I had a c & p exam for a secondary condition and the physician ask me when did the symptom start and I replied about a year or two after I was diagnosed with primary medical condition which was 1994. however, I read what the physician wrote on the exam and she noted that I had those secondary symptoms about 1 to 2 years ago. The raters might use this against me and end up denying my claim. I would like to know if I should let the VA know on 21-4138 before a decision is rendered. What's your take on this?

• HadIt.com Elder

About the only way to get a Docs opinion changed is to get the Doc to do it. Just notifying VA is not going to do anything. You should request a correction of the record. Highlight the error and write down what you said. Deal with the C&P Department at your hospital or ifg it is a contractor call them and ask how to fix. Deal directly don't take anything for granted you would be amazed at how much evidence the VA sits on and does nothing with it.

Carlie,

I had a c & p exam for a secondary condition and the physician ask me when did the symptom start and I replied about a year or two after I was diagnosed with primary medical condition which was 1994. however, I read what the physician wrote on the exam and she noted that I had those secondary symptoms about 1 to 2 years ago. The raters might use this against me and end up denying my claim. I would like to know if I should let the VA know on 21-4138 before a decision is rendered. What's your take on this?

I don't see any problem for you with this.

As long as the examiner states that the secondary condition is a result of a SC'd condition - I see no problem.

What am I missing out on understanding ?