VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Report Error

Rate this question

hazegrayunderway

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie,

I had a c & p exam for a secondary condition and the physician ask me when did the symptom start and I replied about a year or two after I was diagnosed with primary medical condition which was 1994.

however, I read what the physician wrote on the exam and

she noted that I had those secondary symptoms about 1 to 2 years ago.

The raters might use this against me and end up denying my claim.

I would like to know if I should let the VA know on 21-4138 before a decision is rendered. What's your take on this?

haze,

I'm still not understanding how you feel the "raters might use this against me and end up denying my claim".

You were granted SC for primary condition of ________with an effective date of __/__/____.

You filed a claim for a secondary condition of _________ on what date __/__/_____.

You had a C&P on __/__/____.

C&P examiner states the secondary condition is a result of the already (Primary) SC'd condition of ______.

As long as the nexus clearly show the issue is a result of a SC'd disability, I still don't see the problem

and a reason for a denial. ? ? ?

• HadIt.com Elder

The effective date for your secondary conditions won't be affected since it depends on when you file the claim for secondary condition. I think you are OK as Carlie says. You probably should have filed 20 years ago for the secondary condition because that would affect your effective date.