VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flow Chart For Claims Process

Rate this question

midnight340

Question

Yes, lots of detail there. Makes it clear how important it is to try and get everything right from the first. If you follow through the charts with "yes" at most every step it's not as bad as it looks, but with incomplete info it looks like that's were you'd be most apt to get caught in the maze.

I wish I'd been reading this site before my initial claim!! I would have skipped having someone help me, and tried to keep it as simple as possible.

By reading the advice here at hadit I did try to supplement what I originally sent in to make sure they had absolutely everything. I keep copies of everything, and mailed it certified so the VARO had to sign for everything.

(right now I'm at 58 days at the rating board... right at the "claimed" average time for a rating at my VARO.)

(right now I'm at 58 days at the rating board... right at the "claimed" average time for a rating at my VARO.)

I personally do not put too much stock into the number of days, for an average claim.

It helps keep me from being disappointed : )

I appreciate the reminder, Carlie.

I have heard from others on here that the VARO "estimates" are sometimes very optimistic. And after a year of anxiety I am pretty much in the groove and holding. Not an easy year, though. Maybe next year I will breathe again?

My claim has been flagged to expedite due to financial hardship (bankruptcy, foreclosure, and I have others assisting with housing,) but that probably just means a different pile that doesn't move any faster than the normal pile.

• HadIt.com Elder

The fact a vet has to end up broke and in bankruptcy while waiting for a claim to be rated is a national disgrace, and nothing is changing as I see it.

My claim has been flagged to expedite due to financial hardship (bankruptcy, foreclosure, and I have others assisting with housing,) but that probably just means a different pile that doesn't move any faster than the normal pile.

I believe that if your claim has been accepted as hardship that helps provide expedited adjudication,

then yes, you go into a different line - but that line is also a long one.

I do believe it helps you jump in front of some other claimants.

Though I have done almost all my claim by myself after finding this site, today my PTSD group counselor put me in touch with an American Legion service rep (who is especially good, I hear) and he could access my claim and did so.

(My claim has been with the rating board 2 months now, flagged as I said.)

He saw a notation on my claim dated today that said, "Action Completed." He said he had no way to tell what action this was.

Carlie do you have any idea what that would mean?