VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ro Doesn't Acknowledge Claim/docs Sent In

Rate this question

autumn

Question

my VSO filed a new claim 2 months ago. i usually have received a notice from RO that they did receive such things and that claim was proceeding and/or they required more info.

i've asked RO twice for such an acknowledgment, no response. VSO only says they filed it and mailed docs to RO, thats it.

shouldn't i have something that states they received the docs and claim request?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

agreed with ethan.

i went to ebenefits. it does list they received via poa/vso a packet of med docs. it doesn't mention that was a claim request though. maybe apples and oranges, but i liked the vcaa letter that actually states, "we recieved claim request" or something like that.

as for the lengthy secondary issues claim filed last year, it lists this now:

Details of your Claim Received on 12/28/2010 (Administrative Review)

they had told the congressman's office that the claim was processed back in oct and was waiting on a signature. is that what admin review means, they review it prior to signing off on it?

hard to believe it has gotten this far after all these years. if it ever gets done satisfactorily i probably won't know how to live without the VARO stressors on my nervous system. i don't know if i'm being funny or serious, hard to tell anymore.

thanks for all the info/advice. where else but hadit.com can a vet get such timely good info regarding the va!

Autumn, Today was a holiday so no one would have worked to monitor the phones. They don't work on Sunday either. Once I got someone to answer the phone early sat am, but I do believe this was a fluke. They are so far behind claims don't listen to or believe what you read. I know personally and from helping other vets they are behind...

Autumn, Today was a holiday so no one would have worked to monitor the phones. They don't work on Sunday either. Once I got someone to answer the phone early sat am, but I do believe this was a fluke. They are so far behind claims don't listen to or believe what you read. I know personally and from helping other vets they are behind...

just found out today yesterday was a holiday. ;-) i goofed there.

ok, thanks for the update