VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Help

Rate this question

jokerwaswild

Question

Hello fellow vets,

First I want to say thanks to Carlie and the Hadit website for assisting me in my awardment of 80% disability. It has been a long time coming. Now I need to apply for TDIU. After reading a few post on the website and researching the TDIU regulations, I believe I qualify for TDIU. I am currently unemployed based on service connections listed below. I am also waiting on my claim for Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD which the VA said they would consider if PTSD is awarded. I also have a claim in for my right hand (Dominiant) injury increase and hemrhoids which was identifed having when I was in service. I served in the Army for twenty years and do draw retirement. I have two master degree, which are worthless because my disabilites prevent me from any employment. My question is should I wait for the results from the Sleep Apnea, hemrhoids and hand or should I apply for the TDIU now. Please see attached service connections. Finally, my award letter came in December 2011. The claim went in on April 18, 2011 for PTSD, Lower lumber strain, sciatic, sleep apnea, and hand injury increase, shouldn't I have recieved my retro for the increase from 30%-80%.

Thanks,

Joker

post-11875-0-73385300-1326648087_thumb.j

Edited by jokerwaswild

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

jokerwaswild - could you post the complete decision, with all your personal info blacked out. I'm especially interested in their "reasons and bases" section. When a claimant reaches a certain level of disability TDIU is inferred and if the VA doesn't award it they have to explain why. For now I'd fill out the TDIU form, ASAP, and mail it certified, return receipt requested, keeping a photocopy for your records. jmo

Airborne, all the way!

pr

PR, thanks for the response. I read through the reason for decisions and did not see any where about TDIU. However, the VA did attach this sheet (see below). Anyway, I will submit the TDIU form this week; however, I do not have any doctor letter verifying my work status and employability. Do you think I need to obtain such letter, or is there enough medical evidence to award TDIU. I am an old soldier and beleive in "One shot, one kill" method when submitting paper work; therefore, I want to get it right the first time.

Joker

post-11875-0-91256600-1326731312_thumb.j

I read through the reason for decisions and did not see any where about TDIU.

However, the VA did attach this sheet (see below).

Joker

joker,

Posting the full and exact copy of the Reasons and Bases Section would help out,

cover any personal info like name, claim #, etc...

The standard general form you posted is just normal computer generated stuff that comes

with just about all rating decisions.

Editing to add:

Also, please go into your profile and update your current level of SC.

Thanks