VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Disable Veteran Ssdi

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

Do one must pay enough in SSA to get SSDI? 100% Disable veteran/ Retired Disable Govt worker .

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

There is criteria to get SSDI.

It all depends on age, the amount of quarters worked.

CSRS retirees Paid the percentage to the csrs retirement and many dont qualify for SSDI or SSA unless they work and pay it in.

J

Your age first thing need to worry about, next is you need 20 quarter's which is 4 quarter's to a year.

The quarter's must be in a 10 year period when you file.

Ok I am 50% disable and I will be 64 this June. I am also retired from the fed govt, not military. I am now drawing a small SS check, the Govt. takes most ofit back under the Windfall Tax. So my question is can/should I apply for SSD, if so what are my chance? Thanks

Ok I am 50% disable and I will be 64 this June. I am also retired from the fed govt, not military. I am now drawing a small SS check, the Govt. takes most ofit back under the Windfall Tax. So my question is can/should I apply for SSD, if so what are my chance? Thanks

Hollis,

How about starting your own topic.

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes you can apply for SSDI. However, the requirements are that you are totally disabled, not 50%. This would require a determination by SSA that you are totally disabled.

Without knowing how and by who you are 50% disabled, I have no idea as to your chances of success.

Edited by Chuck75