VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo (What To Say On 21-4138 Before Submitting To Va)

Rate this question

hazegrayunderway

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Sorry you received no reply for a few days-

Just state on the 4138 that you have enclosed a ---page Independent Medical Opinion from Dr XXXXXX,dated XXXX and want it properly considered for your claim regarding XXXXXX.

Keep copy of the opinion and send this with a proof of mailing.(I always use Priority mail with a tracking slip so that I can print off at the USPS site proof of the VAs receipt.)

If the opinion doesn't have yuur C file nmber on it, put that in the margin of the opinion.

It would be good to check with IRIS or e benefits in a few weeks to see if they have proof of receipt of it.

If you have a vet rep, send them a copy of it too.

Hello everyone. My IMO is almost finish and I would like some assistance on what to write on the 21-4138 before submitting it to the VA and my service rep as additional evidence? I have a general idea on what I should say but would like to get someone's advice. Thanks.

haze,

I think this topic pretty much relates to another topic you started.

Anyways - you posted your IMO is almost finished -

Who is doing your IMO ?

What is the IMO in relation to ?

Is the IMO in response to a NOD ?

Can you post what the IMO states - without personal info like your name, claim #,etc. . .?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use