VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Drop Claim?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Back in Feb 2010, a claim was submitted with a lot of medical issues on it. It has been suggested to me by a Veteran's Advocate, that I respect very much, that I did something the VA does not like. I'm assuming that this is what is holding up my other claims and appeals. The VA is letting me know that they are in charge, and will deal with me by taking their sweet time. The Feb 2010 claim, I have already had a C&P, and have sent them a returned receipt letter telling them all the medical evidence that I have is in, but it is still under the "Gathering Evidence" stage. I honestly would think the VA would want everything on one claim and not several, but what do I know. Apparently not much.

Papa

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Are you saying that because you filed for multiple conditions on the same claim that the VA is purposely holding up your claim? I'm in agreement with you why not put them all on one claim. I do not understand why a vet would have to put 5 different conditions on 5 different claims. That is just ridiculous. I would not drop the claim, let it run its course.

Back in Feb 2010, a claim was submitted with a lot of medical issues on it. It has been suggested to me by a Veteran's Advocate, that I respect very much, that I did something the VA does not like. I'm assuming that this is what is holding up my other claims and appeals. The VA is letting me know that they are in charge, and will deal with me by taking their sweet time. The Feb 2010 claim, I have already had a C&P, and have sent them a returned receipt letter telling them all the medical evidence that I have is in, but it is still under the "Gathering Evidence" stage. I honestly would think the VA would want everything on one claim and not several, but what do I know. Apparently not much.

Papa

Papa,

I disagree with the advocate's guidance.

I do not feel that the VBA is not punishing for filing several issues on your claim.

They are not punishing you for this by taking their sweet time, they are not discriminating

against you in any way - they are processing your issues like all other claimants - very slowly.

JMHO

Thank you all for making me feel better about this, just gets too you sometimes. I need to find a new hobby.

Papa

My claim also had multiple issues on it, I even had to submit a second claim and it eventually was all combined. You only have one claims folder, so it would be my guess that all of the issues would be lumped together anyway. One of the things that I am finding out is it does take longer for claims with multiple issues because they (you) have to gather evidence supporting each issue, and in my case had to have seperate C&P exams for each issue. Also there are several claims ahead you that are facing the same issue.

I know its hard but I am trying to put my claim in the back of my mind, the elders on this forum have helped me alot. Good luck. And while you are considering hobbies, fishing is an inexpensive way to ease you mind. I don't know what state you are in, but Texas gives disabled vets free fishing and hunting licenses. Get a good pole, find a lure you like, and that's it. Again good luck with you claim and finding a hobby.

My initial claim has also had 6-8 multiple conditions listed (most of which would fall under PTSD) and if I could do it over I might have done it differently. But once it's in, it's just a waiting game. And it is.. tough. No way around it.

I've had days when I could hardly stand this waiting, so I understand. Other days I can ignore it and do OK. Just hang in there... when it's over, I'm thinking it will have been worth it.

Still.... the VA should do better by vets who give so much, and sacrifice so much in the process.

Be well.