VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Drop Claim?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Back in Feb 2010, a claim was submitted with a lot of medical issues on it. It has been suggested to me by a Veteran's Advocate, that I respect very much, that I did something the VA does not like. I'm assuming that this is what is holding up my other claims and appeals. The VA is letting me know that they are in charge, and will deal with me by taking their sweet time. The Feb 2010 claim, I have already had a C&P, and have sent them a returned receipt letter telling them all the medical evidence that I have is in, but it is still under the "Gathering Evidence" stage. I honestly would think the VA would want everything on one claim and not several, but what do I know. Apparently not much.

Papa

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Papa,

This sounds like me too...... I also had multiple issues and wish I could have just zeroed in on the biggies and left the others alone. Yes , I would agree that simple claims with less material to go over usually can be processed faster to some degree , not always. It is still a process and if you have one claim or 20 it is still as Carlie put it a PROCESS. It takes time. No , I do not think they are picking on you for multiple issues. If that was the case, I would be the most picked on veteran in the claims process and just down right abused.

I personally would leave it alone and let the VA do its work and get to the next part of the process. LOL at what John said. Yes they screw up even the simpliest of claims so just hang in there and be patient. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

My God, as I read this and an earlier response I made to another post, Papa's thoughts echoed in my head! I was just thinking this very thing. The newer (secondary) claims seem to be holding everything else up, all were combined on one by the VA, and I don't know if they will impact my overall percentage at all. I'd rather have the appeals decided (in my favor, of course!). But, all the paperwork is done on my end, so I guess finding another part-time job is the best thing right now. I think I need to appreciate some other recent "wins" and forget about the VARO for a while.

Sir,I have not ever felt Qualified or knowledgeable enough to answer any of the questions here but I think yours is an easy one to answer and my input is offered only as encoureagment to you.I have a claim with 11 conditions and 14 more as secondary to them.I was first denied in 2001.This time it has been reopened since this past Feb. It reached decision one time and then was sent back to developement and I am scheduled for my second c and p the 24th of this Month.The request had been made probably two months ago and nothing happening so I called the c and p people yesterday and the lady scheduled my appointment then and there.Get the point?!!!!PERSISTENCE !! Number two......Pay attention to these elders that have been thru it and know what they are talking about.They give a lot of their time to help and do not bill you one cent!! In Somewhat of a defense to the VA.My understanding is that to my knowledge they are working around one million claims.Then too, ANY beaurearacy is complex to deal with..Also I feel that MOST of the VA people really want to and will help,of course there are some that are just filling the timeclock and all the overtime they can get and a very few more that plain DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET IN OUT OF THE RAIN. Finally,if you Quit do you expect to be granted anything? A poor analogy is the lottery...if you do not have a ticket you certainly will not win one penny.Hope this encourages you to continue forward and get what you have already paid for.If you have or can find a way to get the money,I would suggest Dr.. Craig Bash.Best of luck and thank you for your service.Regards, Walt

Thanks Wait for the encouragement. I will never surrender.

Papa

Papa,

Be strong Brother, I would not pull your claim, let it run it's course, you really do not

want to start all over again. Hang Tough and never Quit, It's just a matter of time now.

NJ