VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Ordering Of Ssa Records For Tdiu

Rate this question

ketchup56

Question

I HAVE A CLAIM IN APPEAL (NOD). I HAVE REPEATELY INFORMED THE DRO THROUGH MY PERSONAL HEARING AND THROUGH MY VSO THAT I RECIEVE SSD FOR MY CLAIMED DISABILITIES AND THROUGH FILING FOR TDIU. SO EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THIS AS I HAVE A COPY OF MY HEARING TRANSCRIPT AND IT IS THERE. MY QUESTION IS WAS I TO SIGN A AUTHORIZATION FORM AUTHORIZING VA TO OBTAIN MY SSD RECORDS? OR DO THE TWO FEDERAL GOVT. AGENCY"S DO THIS WITHOUT A SIGNED FORM FROM ME? I BELIEVE THE DRO IS PURPOSELY STALLING ON THE DEVELOPEMENT OF MY CLAIM (VA LOST ALL MY SERVICE MEDICAL RECORDS) AS NO ONE HAS ASKED ME FOR THIS FORM, AND IT TOOK 2 YEARS TO GET A C&P EXAM, AND 18 MONTHS FOR A HEARING. IF I NEED TO STILL SUBMIT THIS FORM , COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE FORM NUMBER SO I CAN GET THIS IN BEFORE THE DRO MAKES HIS DECISION.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA is obligated to get any federal records needed or directed to by vet. There is no release form needed between to federal agencies. Just like the Va can pull VHA records, or go get vet center records without a release ( some vet centers are sticklers and want a 4142) even though the VBA is not obligated to submit a 4142 between two agencies. Sorry, in short, no form is needed to get SSA records

If you really want to be sure they have it, then send in a copy of your SSA award letter. Either mail it certified or hand carry it to your VARO.

I don't know if they will pull your file off someone's desk to add and and put you back in the same spot, or if it will delay your processing more. Just wanted to mention that, because I've heard 'rumors' of more paperwork delaying processing of a claim.

You could use form 21-4142 if you feel the VA has not attempted to get your SSA records.

My husband would have seen his 100% SC for PTSD in his lifetime if VA had not failed to to get his SSA records.

As I recall there was a 21-4142 in his C file authorizing the VA to obtain them.

VA never sent the form to the SSA.

I feel this is part of a deliberate stall tactic on TDIU claims sometimes because if the SSA is solely for what the VA will grant as SC-then the SSA records are excellent evidence for a TDIU award.

TBR says no form is needed so maybe there is no need to formally send them the above form.But it pays to keep checking once in a while via IRIS to see if they did get them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Phil, I supplied my own award letter from SSD and my letter from the postal service showing my last day at work. I did not want to wait. I also supplied a copy of my DD214 since the VA said they did not have one. I did all the work for these lazy jerks.

I BELIEVE YOU ARE DEAD ON BERTHA WHEN YOU TALK OF THE STALL TACTICS. I SUBMITTED MY AWARD LETTER AND THE SSA DISABILITY DETERMINATION TRANSMITAL FORM SSA 831 DIRECTLY FROM MY COPIES I RECIEVED FROM SSA. DISABILITIES CLAIMED FOR VA ARE THE SAME I BECAME DISABLED FOR FOR SSA, BUT YET AT MY HEARING THE DRO ACTED LIKE THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME HE KNEW OF THIS EVIDENCE.(YEAH RIGHT).. MY CLAIM IS FOR AGGRAVATION OF A PRE EXISTING CONDITION WHICH WAS NOTED AND DOCUMENTED ON MY INDUCTION EXAM, BUT ALL OF MY SERVICE MEDICAL RECORDS WERE LOST BY VA, SO THEY USED THAT AGAINST ME TO DENY MY CLAIM. I HAVE PLENTY OF MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION SINCE SERVICE ALL RELATING TO BEFORE MILITARY SERVICE BUT NOTHING DURING SERVICE. IM WAITING ON THE RESULTS FROM THE C&P EXAM BEFORE I SPEND ANY MONEY ON MY OWN IMO, TO SEE IF THEY FOLLOW THE LAW BY PROVING OTHERWISE BY "CLEAR AND UNMISTAKABLE EVIDENCE" THAT I WAS NOT AGGRAVATED BY MILITARY SERVICE, AND NOT BY THE "LESS LIKELY AS NOT " CRAP. IF THEY USE THIS WAY(LESS LIKELY AS NOT) TACTIC TO REBUT, THE GAME SHIFTS MORE TO MY FAVOR ON APPEAL TO BVA BECAUSE BVA IS REQUIRED TO ORDER A OUTSIDE IME TO REBUT MY STATUTORY PRESUMPTION OF AGGRAVATION .ANY INPUT FROM THE ELDER ON THIS TACTIC IS MORE THAN WELCOMED. I WOULD GET MY IMO NOW BUT JUST CANT AFFORD IT AT THE MOMENT.