VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help (i'm The Vet W/ Asthma And Multiple Sclerosis)

Rate this question

Guest HolliGreen

Question

Guest HolliGreen

Good Morning to all, first, please accept my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for your input.

Yesterday I called my VSO and was told he would be in the office today. I am considering paying a visit today so I can hopefully receive an update on this owing money business. Speaking of which, I was on the VA.gov site and explored the "If You Owe Money To VA", now I am super concerned, the "Compromise Offer" is astounding, this reads like a shakedown from the local Mafioso. My husband stated he feels our lives are on hold because of this and he is correct, I know the process takes time but it does feel like our life is on hold. On my visit to VA.gov the VA offers an audit with instructions to call 1-800-827-0648, would this be worthwhile or is working with the VSO the best way to go? Everyone have a great day. Thanks, H.G.

P.S. I checked out 38 CFR 3.307 (a,3), good information however I am unable to find "307", I'll keep searching.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Good Morning to all, first, please accept my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for your input.

Yesterday I called my VSO and was told he would be in the office today. I am considering paying a visit today so I can hopefully receive an update on this owing money business. Speaking of which, I was on the VA.gov site and explored the "If You Owe Money To VA", now I am super concerned, the "Compromise Offer" is astounding, this reads like a shakedown from the local Mafioso. My husband stated he feels our lives are on hold because of this and he is correct, I know the process takes time but it does feel like our life is on hold. On my visit to VA.gov the VA offers an audit with instructions to call 1-800-827-0648, would this be worthwhile or is working with the VSO the best way to go? Everyone have a great day. Thanks, H.G.

P.S. I checked out 38 CFR 3.307 (a,3), good information however I am unable to find "307", I'll keep searching.

HG - if you are already s/c for MS back to day after discharge then no need to review 38 CFR 3.307 (a,3). It pertains to s/c for MS.