VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation Claim Having Issues Getting Decision Since 2010

Rate this question

manning01

Question

I hope one of the experts here can give me some guidance on my claim. I submitted my first OIF compensation claim back on Sept 7th 2010 did all the C&P exams Nov 2010 "yes that's fast for the VA" and was put into decision Dec 2010 at the Phili VARO. That is where the nightmare has begun. Since then we moved from PA to AZ in April 2011 so it took a month for it to arrive here and the Phoenix VARO back my claimback into development till Oct 2011 (5 months) why who knows when the Phili VARO had it in decision. Then they put it into decision late Oct then farmed it out to a Tiger Team in Cleveland OH VARO on Nov 1st. Then it sits from then over the Holidays till Jan 17th 2012 and it said closed today on Ebenefits YAY sucess, YA right. After asking my VSO he said they deferred my entire C file decision due to missing two 4142's even though the DOMA system says it's done but MAPD says no. Then the VA rater she entered two Doctors names in the report one was my VA doctor in PA and the other I have no Idea who that doctor is. I checked my copied 4142's I submitted with the claim and that one Doctor is not there so the RVSR made a big mistake and the other my old VA Doctor I sent in all the VA records with her name on it that deals with my claim. So now they are sending my whole package back to Phoenix AZ and starting over again in gathering documentation after 14 months of waiting. Is there a way I can just resend in my VA doctors notes to cover the claim and tell my local VARO to ignore any oustanding 4142's I had sent to them back in 2010 update MAPD and get my claim back into decision as is? I really don't need that VA doctors notes anyways to validate my claim and the other Dr name is an error, go figure that can't even get that right. This is crazy I waited all this time and it finally made it to a RVSR and they didn't even update their system correctly so now due to their incompetance I pay for it again by waiting months longer. I hope I can just tell them to ignore my two 4142's outstanding and process as is, I did sign the VCAA to state I have no more documentation to send them back in Oct 2010. Any ideas??? Flustrated

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes I'm close only 24 miles away in Phoenix. I took a drive down there yesterday to talk with my VSO from AMVETS they are in the same building on the first floor. He had me fill out a new 21-4138 to say I submitted everything I need and to ignore the two 4123's open in MAPD system and process my file as is. I even had him resubmit my VA medical record I had a copy of with all info pertaining to my claim. What surprised me was on Ebenefits today they already showed logging in that paperwork, wow the next day and it's in there they must be trying to break a record. Everytime in the past it took atleast 2-4 weeks before it showed up in there. Also my records were sent to Cleveland VARO to a tiger team there (farmed out). So my VSO emailed the VSR rater personally to ask her to close out the open records and to process my file as is, hopefully she will do that, but as you know it's the VA. She probibily already put it back in the mail to be sent back here to AZ for more development. That way they have one less file to process especially coming from anouther VARO and that 4138 will get lost between here and OH. Oh the fun of waiting on a initial claim 17 months and counting. John