VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retirees Due Back Pay

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Good morning all. Has anyone seen the article on www.Military.com about CRSC and CRDP due back pay?

Is this a fact or just speculation, sure would be nice if correct. If so what would it be from, it's a pretty confusing article. Any Info: on this would be great, from you all. Have a good day.

mrstix 25 years retired

50% s.c. CRDP

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Dataman

Only ones (except for someone just getting CRDP) missing money were CRSC folks. Pretty straight forward the other program. Ours it set dollar amount then 10% more a year.

Unless you fall into very very very small loophole don't look for any money if your CRDP. What a mess these strange programs are.

Just pay us....

My va disability was a retro award. VA withheld all of the back pay due to receipt of retirement pay. by doing so I lost over 6000.00 dollars in CRDP payments. DFAS said sorry we don't do back pay. VA said we have to withhold all due to law, DFAS is responsible for paying the back pay in crdp payments. oh well.

Ricky

Hi, has anyone heard or read any update on this topic. Sure will be interesting to see the out come , would be great for a bunch of us, hope for the best. Thanks and have a great day.

Spoke to a lady at DFAS retired pay this afternoon and she said everyone drawing CRSC and CRDP were eligible but the VA makes a determination on who is going to get paid. They are ready to cut a check but the VA is the is the hold up, all they have to do is give the ok and we will get our money

Jerry A Henson US Navy Retired 50% service connected.

Thanks Jerry, that's good news. I am in the same boat as you. 50% S.C. getting CRDP. I figure they owe me 8 mths back pay about $1480,. Awarded Jan 05, recived first check 1 Oct. 05. Well we will see what happens, thanks agin for the update.

mrstix 25 yrs retired A.F

I'm retired and recently received a disability increase with retro to early 01. Because I draw retired pay I miss out on over $25,000 back pay. They say I can file amended returns for three years to recoup the taxes payed on the increase.

I can't see where retirees fit into this backpay article. Would be nice but like someone else said, I won't rush out and spend the money. I'm used to reaching down and grabbing my ankles.

I do want to say that I am continually grateful for the retired benefits that I have and don't want it to sound like I am bitter over the ones that have been lost. We would lose them at a smaller rate if all retirees would get active in dealing with their congress critters instead of blowing hot air at the local bistro..