VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call To Arms To Find All Spraying Records Reports Everywhere

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello all Members of Team Hadit.com

I have an important team work project for all HADIT MEMBERS. HADIT IS GOING TO TRY AND STORE ALL KNOWN SPRAYING RECORDS anywhere they showed up and "We" thats "us"are going to try and archive all information here. Actually there is a lot already stored here in the Archives of Hadit. However it will be free and no more FOIAs to our members to use the chemical library that we will have and those here applying for claims related to chemical exposures.

This one will require all of to find the spraying records for not just AGENT ORANGE but all other chemcial thruout the planet EARTH.

Our parameters are set forth and consist of time , date, place and amount sprayed .

So I have post the DOD required reports form numbers so now we have to get them with data filled out.

Each one of us has pretty much said at one time or another , "we heard it was sprayed "......... or "it was stored here"....or we heard it was used there. Sorry this one is not talk or heresay but the real deal. I think we all have Hadit with trying get those records from the government and then after years of trying we fail.

WE NEED THOSE REPORTS from the bases I listed for this library to grow. The Herbicide Training Seminar number with the break down of the bases is a start. So now we need these reports from ALL areas to get this library going. Someone had to post the Installation Assessment Report for Gerstle River Test Site and the Materials Application Training Seminar. If we can get a few more people to post these other reports then it will be stored in our Archives.

Ok, now lets start our test reports and start our very own MASSIVE LIBRARY which will be used by all Veterans and will be archived here at HADIT. To win our claims and those of others. Once it gets big enough then we could possible be a "friendly" repository of sprayed and applied Herbicides and chemicals reports compiled data which can then be used by ALL veterans , service organizations and lawyers to tap into.

So I will go first listing the :

DA FORM 2785 or 2785-R

DD 1532

Evidencually there will be websites we will have onboard to divide up the sites. It will not be easy but lets see what happens and our library should grow and be a welcomed site to all veterans and their family trying to find records on spraying and chemical exposure sites with the DOD forms to back it up.

http://www.gulfwarve...ely/greely.html The Fort Greely Installation and Accssment Report for Oct 25, 1998 of the

Gerstle River Test Sight. Open this site and you will see the acutal gallons sprayed and the relationship of the spraying records to gallons applied to the site location listed.

This report shows the correlation to the chemical used and list them even listing the same form numbers. USING THE REPORTS DD 1532 and the other one is the DA FORM 2785 or 2785-R.

These reports are for any site and worldwide...... So now Hadit detectives , get our own library to win those claims.

THANK YOU T BIRD FOR STARTING OUR ARCHIVES HERE AT HADIT A LONG TIME AGO.......NEVER GIVE UP. God BLess, C.C

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Mike and Boomer,

Thank you for your imput and these sites.

Alvin Young's work is not a stranger to this site and his studies and reports have been posted here in the past and have helped to add to the growing list of sites. As more and more sites are added and updated we will hopefully see more Vets that can use this to their claims. Unfortunately the VA wants documented exposure because of direct exposure claimants. This can be used as casual because the VA has already admitted to casual exposures may be harmful to a Vet. Yet they like to use this wording to deny , but when appealed with proper medical nexus , we see a number of these are ruled against in appeals process. Thank you both for helping to keep this going and adding to the archives here. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• HadIt.com Elder

Although a "feet on ground" Navy Vietnam veteran, I have every reason to believe that my A/O(Dioxin) exposure, along with thousands of other far east navy veterans, began before we ever left the US for duty overseas.

As part of the preparation for going on active duty in the far east for shipboard duty, the majority of navy junior enlisted personnel were sent to a "fire fighting school" for refresher training.

The Navy base at Treasure Island CA. was just one of several bases used for processing sailors for overseas duty. The EPA records show this base as a "Cleaned Up" "Super Fund" site, with Dioxin contamination of the fire fighting school. The Dioxin was evidently a contaminant of the various flammable liquids used to fuel fires and generate smoke for the training. As a result, a great number of navy veterans serving anywhere in the far east were likely exposed to Dioxin, even if they never went anywhere near Vietnam or other locations where A/O was used.

(Excuse any spelling errors, the checker is on the fritz again. This started with Firefox 9.01 and the recent website updates.)

Edited by Chuck75

Hello Chuck,

You bring up a great point. Its like I said in an earlier post. Its all up to what side of the fence you are on. The VA does not want to take the severity of the veterans health. Though this chemical exposure issue to be archived is for ALL chemicals, we know that a great number of veterans and their families are Vietnam Era so we deal mostly with Agent Orange sites. However it is a tremendous problem when you have to literally prove you were exposed when the chemical was there. James Cripps and Kurt Priessman won their awards outside of Vietnam and they have the diseases to prove it but many of you here do not know the hard evidence they had to come up with to bring the 38 CFR 3.102 Benefit of a Doubt Rule into play. I personally believe that this law is highly abused by the BVA and the courts and it is more than the equal equipoise and 50/50 scale. The VA does not care about the Vets and the way the regs are written puts up huge task for the Veterans and their families.

If we look at our Hadit members and the battles we have faced we will see that nothing is easy with the VA. I personally have becomed very challenged in my battle and I really cannot do what I want to do because of my lawyers request. My personal goal is to help every Veteran I can and to be as big a problem to the VA as possible. That is why posting all the contaminated sites we can will hopefully help our Veterans and one day it may open the door for the next group. Please remember that the Agent Orange of the 1960's and the 1970's is the "Gulf War Syndrome" of this decade and its Vets.

This group of Gulf War Vets and Afganistan Vets will face their own Giants with Chemical exposures and their fights are going to be monumental. This is why the fight has to start now and with all of us trying to pitch in. Thanks again for all of your input and efforts......... It is for all of our Veterans and their families. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

email from Charles Kelley :

EPA Release Dioxin Information

Hi to all,

As most of you Vietnam Veterans and Widows already know and quite frankly thanks to our less than truthful media/government our general population has been kept in the dark like a mushroom, and fed you know what, does not know the issues regarding Dioxins and like compounds that they and their offspring including embryonic also are exposed.

While these issues have been known since the 1940’s there has been much interference in the facts not only from the trillion dollar chemical industry, our own government itself, and paid for "selling of scientific souls" with good science creating bad science.

Once again there is pressure from both the chemical industry and of course our government on the fledgling Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) release of characterization and issues related to Dioxin Exposures in both cancers and non-cancer health issues.

Yes, we know in the past the EPA has been part of this Dioxin stalling for money at the highest levels. Primarily because the government did not want to admit liability for the Vietnam Era Veterans (all nations) to include all cancers and many non-cancer medical issues. But it seems we just might have someone with integrity in charge now.

Just like with the EPA release of the trichloroethylene issues with cancers and non-cancer issues that was recently released; even with government pressure not to release with the trichloroethylene tainted water at the military bases issues at hand and in the news. Kudos to them for releasing the damming information and the scientific facts; not our governments campaign dollar version of the facts.

Please go to the link below and sign the petition for EPA to release what they know and have on hand based on science not politics.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/852/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=9218

Now you might say well they will just low ball the data and facts and you could be correct. However, at least if it is released and published we have something to address and fight.

Trust me; it is hard to address the facts when the facts are locked up by the chemical companies and our own government.

No different from trying to fight the IOM process when you have no idea what those processes are or at what level of certainty they demand outside the so-called law. You can also bet that if EPA releases this data that the paid for IOM in their role as good science creating bad science will be in there trying to dispel any information; as well as the Center for Disease Control. You can rest assured that even if EPA releases what they now have and accumulated in science will be challenged by the other agencies on behalf of their benefactors.

I am as sure as I can be, that what EPA is finally going to release is what was found in the 1992-1994 reassessment by one of our stalwart scientists with impeccable scientific integrity which concluded many issues that should be on our infamous VA list and are presently not; to include many issues outside of a few hand picked cancers.

Again please go to the link and sign the petition.

Lets get an official starting data point once and for all that we can address.

Thanks,

Kelley

Hello Berta,,,,,,Thank you dear for the wonderful link from Charles. I am so thankful he finally won his AO award , even though he nearly died from it. He never gives up and moves ahead. I have signed this petition and hope everyone else will also. We need the bases recognized. The ones we have listed and others. Maybe this will be the year.

Kelly , God Bless, you and thanks for always helping out veterans with the Dioxin battle. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.