VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

xpertshot

I recieved a yellow envelope from the San Diego, CA RO. In it was my award letter showing my award for increased evaluation and new claims.

INCREASED EVALUATION TO 80%

1. Major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder - 70%

2. Allergic rhinitis - 10%

3. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Right - 10% (continued)

4. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Left - 10% (continued)

5. Left shoulder tendinitis - DEFERRED

6. Entitlement to Individual Unemployability - DEFERRED

*Both backdated to Aug. 24, 2010

7. Left elbow strain - denied

8. Left wrist sprain - denied

9. Left Achilles tendinitis- denied

*denied because the above mentioned items are not "CHRONIC". "A disability which began in service or was caused by some event in service must be considered "Chronic" before service connection can be granted. Although there is record of treatment in service.... There is no evidence of continuity fo treatment from the date of discharge from active duty to present."

They didnt pay for my dependents on this RETRO, but I already sent in my forms to update my records and can see they are working on it on ebenefits.

They put in the claim for IU on their own, does this mean it has a higher probability that it will be approved?

Thanks everyone for your help. Its been a long time waiting, a lot of things lost over this period of waiting. I can now begin to plan for my future with my family again. I'm waiting to hopfully hear something today from a rental I applied for so I can move out on my own with my family. Keeping my fingers crossed. Although this is only a partial descision, I am hopeful that the remaining items on my claim will be resolved in my favor. Keeping my fingers crossed. The fight is not over yet!

xpertshot

San Diego, CA

I recieved a yellow envelope from the San Diego, CA RO. In it was my award letter showing my award for increased evaluation and new claims.

INCREASED EVALUATION TO 80%

1. Major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder - 70%

2. Allergic rhinitis - 10%

3. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Right - 10% (continued)

4. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Left - 10% (continued)

5. Left shoulder tendinitis - DEFERRED

6. Entitlement to Individual Unemployability - DEFERRED

*Both backdated to Aug. 24, 2010

7. Left elbow strain - denied

8. Left wrist sprain - denied

9. Left Achilles tendinitis- denied

*denied because the above mentioned items are not "CHRONIC". "A disability which began in service or was caused by some event in service must be considered "Chronic" before service connection can be granted. Although there is record of treatment in service.... There is no evidence of continuity fo treatment from the date of discharge from active duty to present."

They didnt pay for my dependents on this RETRO, but I already sent in my forms to update my records and can see they are working on it on ebenefits.

They put in the claim for IU on their own, does this mean it has a higher probability that it will be approved?

Thanks everyone for your help. Its been a long time waiting, a lot of things lost over this period of waiting. I can now begin to plan for my future with my family again. I'm waiting to hopfully hear something today from a rental I applied for so I can move out on my own with my family. Keeping my fingers crossed. Although this is only a partial descision, I am hopeful that the remaining items on my claim will be resolved in my favor. Keeping my fingers crossed. The fight is not over yet!

xpertshot

mine was deff=ered when the va granted me 30 percent for depression because of a comment made by my examiner. although, i was only 60 percent combined, the va scheduled 2 c&p exams for me, then granted IU aabout 3 months after they adjudicated the depression.

San Diego, CA

Edited by iceturkee

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you filed out the official form for TDIU? I don't know anyone who has a 70% rating for depression who can actually hold a job. Same for PTSD. These things cause you to miss work and unless you work for the VA you are usually gone in six months. It is time to put in SSD claim.

1st - congrats on receiving some positive adjudication.

2nd - when a rating decision finds they claimant to be 70 percent or higher SC'd,

they are supposed to adress / infer the issue of IU.

JMHO

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use