VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefit Wishlist?

Rate this question

BFR

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think the new "levels of claim status" is a step in the right direction, however it is completely useless when the person looking at the claim fails to provide an update whenever the claim moves to a new level. It is understandable that the person responsible may be too busy with other job responsibilities to do this for each claim- my solution would be to use a bar code system whereby this person would simply scan a code identifying the claim as it passes to a new level.

The wait is inevitable...the lack of knowing where exactly your claim stands can totally be prevented. Much stress could be avoided, less frustrating calls to the 1-800 number, and more faith in the VA Claims process could be a result...Hope the VA is listening.

Loose Cannon

(claim listed as "Review of Evidence" since December 12, 2011 and hasn't moved once according to eBenefits)

For those that use eBenefits:

What do you wish the application did better?

What do you wish it could do that it currently does not do?

My wish list for ebenefits :

I wish ebenefits could accurately reflect all information in regards to my APPEAL STATUS.

I would be a bit pleased if the following data was entered into ebenefits within say - 3 months of the action.

Some of the specific issues I would like to be able to see listed are :

XX/XX/XXXX - DRO Hearing request by claimant.

XX/XX/XXXX - Claimant was mailed notification of DRO hearing, scheduled for XX/XX/XXXX.

XX/XX/XXXX - DRO hearing was held.

XX/XX/XXXX - Copy of written transcripts mailed from VARO to Claimant / representative.

I would also like to see this type of information to be available on ebenefits at the BVA and Court level.

• HadIt.com Elder

How about a realistic time frame for your claims progress through the system? Way too much to ask for I think. Better just to throw dice or buy a VA lotto ticket. How is it possible for SSD to do it in three months?

I wished that the use and input of accurate data was mandatory. I like the idea of a barcode scanner as it would probably save a lot of time.

Although not necessary an E-Benefit wish, I wish that if a claim has set in a particular status for more then a certain threshold, that a flag would be issued and notification sent to the team leader responsible for that group. This would allow minimal supervision to take appropriate steps to either get claims moving that may have fallen through the cracks, or at least awareness so that meaningful responses can be provided to claimants when they call and want to know what the hold up is.

....if only we all lived in a perfect world :)

Travis

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

- Ability to exchange messages with the RO without going through IRIS

- Increased site response time

I believe they already use barcode for the c-file volumes, but not for individual documents. Barcodes on actual documents can lead to problems if the code covers important text.

I agree with Vynce’s point regarding ability to contact the RO without having to go through IRIS.

I also think that there should be some type of email notification sent to users that would notify of a status change in their claim status. This would prevent users from having to log in everyday just to check if there is a change in the status of there claim.