VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where To Get An Imo In Columbia, Sc?

Rate this question

gooz87

Question

i have to ask if there is anyone that could point me to someone that could give me an IMO in columbia,sc?

I called the DAV tuesday of last week (01-17-12). the DAV rep told me that my claim was pushed back to the "gathering evidence stage" and that it would help me out tremendously to get an IMO statement.

the only issue with this is that i don't know where to go to get one, how long it will take, or what the cost will be.

the DAV rep told me to get this done asap (within the next 30 days) because she wasn't sure of how fast my case would be forwarded and if i don't have the IMO, it would only hurt my case.

can someone please advise me on how to go about thihs?

thank you very much.

Edited by gooz87
  • Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With 90% now I assume this is for a TDIU claim?

Do you get SSDI and if so is it solely for your SC disabilities?

If so does VA know you get SSDI?

I found a few potential IMO docs via google in South Carolina but what is the specific field of expertise you need the opinion for?

The IMO doctor's background should outweigh any C & P doctor's background.

Has your medications increased since geting the 90%?

I also assume you are unemployed?

Why did the VA not consider and award you TDIU when they awarded the 90%.

I found a few potential IMO docs via google in South Carolina but what is the specific field of expertise you need the opinion for?

Can I ask please what you put in the search line to get the results you get Berta? Everytime I search I end up getting independant management systems for IMO in Phoenix AZ not at all what I'm looking for???

he Seak sight might help as they list IME docs by exertise and by state.

http://www.imenet.com/?gclid=CJnLstjT4a0CFUMTNAodUS5c6A

ime_logo_only.gif?1326721113

Information

Home

[*]

[*]

[*]

Welcome to the SEAK National Directory Of Independent Medical Examiners

The

Search for IME Doctors

General Specialty Areas

State

Search for FCE Providers

6 Independent Medical Examiners found.

Stephen K. Baker, MD, PhD

Charleston, South Carolina

Forensic Psychiatry

Psychopharmacology, Psychotherapy, Disability, Standard of Care, Emotions, Trauma

Click here for additional info >>

Gordon Early, MD, MPH - Upstate Occ Medicine

Spartanburg, South Carolina

Occupational Medicine

Toxicology - Medical Toxicology

Attribution assessment for occupational lung disease/malingnancy

Daniel C. McCabe, MD - Otolaryngology

Bluffton, South Carolina

Otolaryngology

Clinical Practice covering all areas of ENT, specializing in sinus surgery.

Davit Mrelashvili, MD

Columbia, South Carolina

Neurology

Injuries of nervous system, headaches, multiple sclerosis

Orlando (Rick) A Ricalde, MD - Lake Ridge Neurological, P.A.

Seneca, South Carolina

Neurology

Neurophysiology

25 years practicing General Adult Neurology,nerodiagnostic testing, neuroimaging,sleep disorders. Board Cetified in Neurology with Fellowship Training in Neurophysiology/EEG,EMG,Sleep Studies,Evoked Potential.

William P. Thorpe, MD

Bluffton, South Carolina

Orthopedics

Orthopedic Surgery

Twenty-five years practicing orthopaedic surgery and IME examinations. All areas of musculoskeletal issues, surgery, workman's comp, on the job injuries, response to treatment

<a name=9">Function-Ability-236x80-Anime.gif?1326209935 MFR_Banner2.gif?1266608868

Place Listing | Renew Listing | Information | Webstore | Seminar Schedule | Locate Expert Witnesses | SEAK, Inc.

©2006 SEAK Inc. All Rights Reserved. phone: 508-457-5150 fax: 508-540-8304 PO Box 729 Falmouth, MA 02541

Berta, the VA never said or mentioned anything about TDIU when i was awarded the 90% when i got my initial rating which was in january of 2009.

I retired in 2008 and i haven't worked since retirement, mainly because of my PTSD and overall pain. should i be asking someone at the VA why they never considered and/or awarded me TDIU? if they "just messed up" what do i do about that?

I filed for TDIU this past july and recieved the VA letter for me to re-do all of my c&p's which i finished up in november of 2011. i just happened to walk into the VA one day last july and ask if i could do a rate increase and that is how this whole thing got started.

i do not get SSDI. i have applied for it twice on my own and was denied both times. the most recent denial was in december of 2011.

i was instructed at the VA to file for p&t so i did. this was done after i applied for TDIU. i know that it sounds like i am all over the place with this and it is because i am. i had no guidance from anyone so i am the epitome of "THAT GUY" flying blind and fending for myself.

my medications have changed so many times that i can't begin to tell you what i have been on. right now i'm on sertraline and mirtazepine, both for PTSD and severe depression. i am on dicolfenac for pain as well.

thank you for the information about the doctors. i will look into one here come monday. i look forward to your reply and knowledge. have a good day.

thank you so much too!

Edited by gooz87

After reading your posts again-I now believe the VA is considering you for Extraschedular consideration regarding your TDIU and that this is why the DAV asked you to try to get an IMO.

Extraschedular ratings are discussed well in this hadit link:

A vet could have multiple SC ratings yet not fit into the specific TDIU rating criteria that would warrant consideration by the VARO.

Carlie just posted this link here for some excellent info from Dr. Bash:

I have obtained 2 IMOs from him and I was very satisfied with them.

He doesn't do MH IMOs and I cannot determine what type of IMO (or IME) you would need as some IMO doctors do want to examine the claimant in person.

IMEs and IMOs can be very expensive and are not always a guarantee that VA would award.

But in the case of multiple SC disabilities that are individually rated below the TDIU rating criteria and without any SSDI findings that these sole SC disabilities are causing unemployability, then an IMO or IME might well help support an extraschedular award of TDIU.

IMO and IME docs need all available medical records, and also I sent Dr. Bash some prior SOCs,SSOCs, I had received , as well as copies of the C & P results I obtained from VA as well as medical treatises and abstracts that supported my claim.

My IMOs were for different reason then yours but he was quite thorough on the medical evidence and this is what is needed when there is a potential extraschedular consideration being done by the VA.

I am certainly not sure if this is,in fact, what VA is doing with your claim but the DAV would know and I think this is why the DAV suggested getting the IMO.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use