VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Repeat?

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Just to catch you up to speed, Here's the story and a question...

My husband filed 1151 for his toe which was denied and appealed.. He had a C&P on July 17. The NP that did the C&P said he could see the toe did not bend but could not say it would bend previous to surgery and it would probably be best for myself and our daughter to write a letter stating that it would bend. Well, he was going to wait and get a copy of the C&P to see what the NP wrote before we wrote our letters. Oh and he works at the VA as well, so yesterday 7/19 he gets a call from a dr. so and so who tells him he needs to come back to him for more examinations. So he went and then today he was sent back for another x-ray, which the radiologist said would be better I guess to compare it the the previous two x-rays. One was taken before surgery and one after. Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks everyone,

It looks like a 0% for hammer toe but the thing is the toe is locked at the middle joint and does not bend at all so I don't know what that would be considered. With that being said, I have another question...

He got a copy of the C&P and there were things in it that were wrong as in the constant pain that he is in, they said he denies constant pain..not true

And medicines...he takes Tramadol as well as other things trying to ease the pain and they said he does not take Tramadol..

What should he do about this? Do we wait to here from the RO or can you say anything about the C&P?

Thanks,

sbrewer

Guest allanopie

>There are changes in whatever to whatever from previous study. Get a copy asap.

I would like to add, that they will charge you for copies of exrays.

MRI's, MRA's may run a couple hundred bucks.

I was told at radiology they throw them out after 5 yrs, I felt I had no choice but to buy a copy of the MRI series of the brain, in order to preserve a copy showing the "corpus callosum lesions". Especially since the VA was only willing to provide a diagnoses of, "Neuromuscular disorder of Unknown cause".

I think it was around $150, for the copy of the one MRI. But that was in 1997.