VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About My Claim?

Rate this question

mdb72388

Question

I was in my va reg. affairs office when a guy walked in with info on my claim that I got approved for 100% and I'm also getting a lot of backpay i'd prefer not to say how much... I was wondering how long it takes to get ur 1st payment (i havent gotten the letter yet, and the day the guy came in was tuesday the 17th about a week ago, my friend said, prob march 1st? just curious.. thx God bless

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You may receive two payments.

One payment (or deposit) would be be the normal level of compensation.

The second payment (or deposit), as you mentioned, may be a lot of backpay. As I recall, if a retroactive award was above certain dollar amounts, there were different levels of approval; I'm not going to research what those levels might be.

I was in my va reg. affairs office when a guy walked in with info on my claim that I got approved for 100% and I'm also getting a lot of backpay i'd prefer not to say how much... I was wondering how long it takes to get ur 1st payment (i havent gotten the letter yet, and the day the guy came in was tuesday the 17th about a week ago, my friend said, prob march 1st? just curious.. thx God bless

As I recall, if a retroactive award was above certain dollar amounts, there were different levels of approval; I'm not going to research what those levels might be.

Over 25K - second signature.

So some VA official called me this morning around 7 PST. He let me know that my claim was approved and I should have notification or payment within the next 2 weeks. (But I know how the VA works out...sounds good till it's 2 months past the date) but he asked me, "Why did you put direct deposit info in the beginning of your claim it makes you look like you're expecting $" I said, "just for service connected disability.." What I forgot to tell him was my VFW Rep. told me to call the VARO and ASAP put my direct deposit information in just incase I get approved bennefits... So I was told 23 months of back pay @ 100% I was an Infantryman deployed to the Afghan/Pakistan border I can't function or hold a job, I have had no income the last 2 weeks Unemployment denied me cause I quit my part time job due to PTSD issues... I'm just worried I don't really care 4 the cash as much as I do wanting to feel better, but with my PTSD/drug addiction/alcohol addiction, and just poor money managing skills has racked up quite a bit of debt... Will the people who are doing the Large Payment Verification Process will they call me if they have any issues? I don't want it to get denied because of some flaw in my Va background, I told the VA a whole lot more stressors 2 years ago than I did when I had my C&P I just didn't feel like re-living some of the experiences at the C&P exam.. U guys have any idea how long the "25k" thing takes? I saw somewhere 3-6weeks for approval; and will my monthly payments come before my 60k or however much im getting or will they hold my monthly payments untill they approve the retro pay? Really appreciate the reploes thanks everyone.

I'm just worried I don't really care 4 the cash as much as I do wanting to feel better, but with my PTSD/drug addiction/alcohol addiction, and just poor money managing skills has racked up quite a bit of debt...

U guys have any idea how long the "25k" thing takes?

I sure hope your "drug addiction/alcohol addiction, and just poor money managing skills" have had

major improvements - IF NOT - you will probably just wind up chasing high's and being broke and

not taking care of your self and your life.

No one can advise as to when the cash will come.

I suggest finding someone you can trust to help you.

Also - FWIW, it you get arrested and jailed for drugs or alcohol related issues, you risk

the loss of your comp.

Not trying to hammer you or put you down - Hell - I'll admit it - I've been there

and I freaking never - never - never want to go back to that shell of hell again.