VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I File A Claim?

Rate this question

Motoman172

Question

Here is my situation and please if anyone has any suggestions let me know...

Im 44 yrs old and currently I am rated 20% for traumatic cataract right eye, 10% for DDD and 0% for missing piece of skull.

In 2008 I took my kids to a free veterans health screening at local NFL team, they told me they would mail me my results...

Well two weeks later they called me...

They said My cholesterol was almost 400 and I needed to see a Dr right away...

So I went to local civilan doctor who set me up an appointment with Cardiologist.. Before the appointment came I got sick and the doctor took a chest X-ray, she was concerned because one of my arteries to my heart looked like it was partially blocked. We knew it was only a couple of weeks before my appointment for Cardiologist so she just told me to show him the x-ray. Before I could get into the Cardiologist I had a heart attack...I was 42 yrs old then... I had a stent placed in and am on 4 types of medication including crestor for my cholesterol.

Issue is this, I reopened a claim on my DDD for an increase and at the time I also signed up for myhealthyvet...

When I looked at the previous blood tests that had been done every single one of the cholesterol tests were high going back to when I was 30 yrs old

yet NOT a single VA doctor ever said anything about my cholesterol or interviened by putting me on a medicine...

I had no idea my cholesterol was that high because I never saw the VA blood tests...

Should I file a claim on my heart?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer...

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question