VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Member Fisherman

Rate this question

fisherman

Question

I am a vet 100% PTSD and 50 % hearing loss sec, My question is that my dr wants me to use an alpha stim stimulor instead of taking the meds that I cann,t tolerate, But her boss won,t approve this but it is VA approved and is being used with great sucess for deppression, Pain, aneixty and insomia. This to me seem like a win for vets other than the meds. Does anyone know about this thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA uses Veterans to test anti deppressant meds for the drug companies and have traditionally kept up with new ones unless it was using them off label.This may explain why easier to get through VA although the VA is very slow to bring in expensive meds into their formulary. Look for Medicare to go in the same direction by making expensive meds off formulary or third tier (much larger copay)

I am a vet 100% PTSD and 50 % hearing loss sec, My question is that my dr wants me to use an alpha stim stimulor instead of taking the meds that I cann,t tolerate, But her boss won,t approve this but it is VA approved and is being used with great sucess for deppression, Pain, aneixty and insomia. This to me seem like a win for vets other than the meds. Does anyone know about this thanks

What is the name of this medication ?

It is not a med but a device that uses electrical stimulation to release the seraton, and endorphines that the meds do without the side affects. go to the web site alpha stim 100

It is not a med but a device that uses electrical stimulation to release the seraton, and endorphines that the meds do without the side affects. go to the web site alpha stim 100

AH - CRAP - That's just a glorified TENS unit.

I'd sure like to see the BS data that supports any type of

great success for depression.

IMO - they can keep this stuff as it relates to MH conditions.