VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va - Priority Groups Table

I'll have to agree on the priority groups and wait times. It doesn't really make a difference. Depends on what you're being seen for, and availability. I've seen getting care in an expedient manner and as slow as molasses. It does make a difference on the health care professional at times they will push the urgency.

Edited by arng11

• 2 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

I'm in priority group 1 and I have to wait my turn to be seen just like all the rest and I'm fine with it.

This priority groups is basicly a benefits schedule, it did confuse a lot of veterans so now the VA has published a Veterans health care handbook for each individual veteran , it has the veterans information as to what his/her benefits are and what the veterans rating is and places the veteran in his/her correct group number.

(When you received this HandBook (safe guard it)

Its at the veterans finger tips if he/she has any questions about his/her benefits??....and his/her rating decision!

I just received my handbook in the mail November 17th 2014

Edited by britton

wp35068,

Your priority group is changed by the VA when appropriate as your disability rating changes. You do not have to take any action to have it changed.

• HadIt.com Elder

georgiapapa,

Is 100% correct ,

Since VA Policies are Governed by law, changes to programs or if changes to your eligibility may occur. if that happens the VA will send you updates that reflect these changes..if you have any question's call 1-877-222 vets (8387)

• HadIt.com Elder

georgiapapa,

Did you received the new published '' Veterans Health Benefits Handbook ''

It's personalized for each Individual veteran.

The last one I received was in 2012.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use