VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crap - Fighting The New Ptsd Regs Were Struck Down

Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

John-I agree with you 100%-

The lousy C & P exams vets get for all sorts of disability claims ,which are then often overturned by successful IMos proves the point.

I wonder if there is any accountability chart at VA that shows just how many C & Ps are overcome by more evidence or thrown out because the C & P examiner is so medically inadequate to opine, that their opinions are mere speculation.

Mohatma Ghandi said that when one segment of a population loses their rights and equality, the entire population is detrimentally impacted on.

I have thought about that many times in the years I dealt with VA.

My point here is- if the VA eliminates the rights of PTSD vets under the new rules to obtain IMOs, when will they decide to take away that right for all other claimants too?

Wings said it all- same shit, different war.I agree 100% with that too.

I personally feel that since C & P docs are often proven to be off the mark, how the heck could they properly diagnose a veteran in a clinical setting.

To me lousy C & Ps border on malpractice but the VA doesnt view C& Ps that way.

And of course a VA paid C & P doc (as well as the QTCs) opine to the VA in the status of a "conflict of interest".

If we could have our claims handled the way a civil court handles cases,

things would sure be different but that will never happen.

This decision makes me think of the OIE OEF vet who VA kept denying ,saying he didnt have PTSD and after he committed suicide he was awarded PTSD SC posthumously.

The family recently filed FTCA for malpractice and I hope they get millions.

That sure shows how little some VA shrinks know about PTSD.

Berta, The fact that you would have to pay from your own pocket (over and over) for IMO's that would at the very least corrrect poorly performed C&P Exams --tells me that veterans will also need to be very proactive (think $$) about their claims by continuing to seek IMO and expert opinions ... I am trying to say that this FedCir decision smaks of prejudice and I can hardly explain why! Grrrr! A disabled veteran, especially a young combat veteran with PTSD is usually 9/10 dependent on VA medical care. If s/he gets an incompetent examiner and a shiy$%# C&P Exam, who is going to advocate for them? The VA is slamming the door in ther faces!! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Young and severely disabled vets are usually brokes as well unless the VA has already recognized their disabilites and granted them 100%. The ones doing the fighting can't even find jobs so how can they afford IMO's.