VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Red Star Report

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

I don't know if it is my VAMC or the New VA that has my health on ignore! The other day I asked in a thread if anyone knew about the Red Star Report. I had ordered some CD copies of some xrays I never heard about the results from. When I got the Radiologist report there I found the words capitalized RED STAR REPORT. It is what use to be called a medical red flag when something is found to be wrong. Some growths were found on whats left of my thyroid. Half was removed in 99 with growths on it.Three years since this report and no one has said anything. So I raised hell with my medical team today about that and why I hadn't received any report on my CT done on the 12th.I knew then something was wrong when 2 pics turned to 4 pics and when those were done they wanted to do 8 more. I learned along time ago that means something showed up that requires more pics. The more pics, the bigger the problem. So I made the main nurse read me the report.And lots of problems that need working on. So Brothers/ Sister Vets anytime you have some test done, do your self a favor and get the radiologist or whoevers report/findings. Since they seem to not want to give us bad news, and I'm the wrong sex to get good news like I'm pregnant.Looks like I have to play Dr too now.If I don't win some of my DRO hearing claims this summer,going to have to sell my car to hopefully find a inexpensive medical policy so that I can get some medical care.If they are not going to treat our medical problems, let us know so we can make arrangements elsewhere. Now what was the reason I enlisted to fight my countries wars for? Thats right I was young and dumb then. Whats my excuse for putting up with this abuse now? Can't use my old excuse! Mike PS You Youngins out there, make sure you get all copies of your treatments whether they be VA or Civilian. The Civilian Drs only keep your records for 7 yrs now!!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The heart of the VA problem seems to be that the PCPs are "too busy" with routine scheduled exams to worry about following up. You would think that the test techs could and should "flag" results that indicate further action is needed.