VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Ebenefits Accurate?

Rate this question

FlyN2High

Question

Filed a compensation claim for (adjustment disorder with depressed mood (now claimed as bipolar condition) (Increase), unemployability ) On 12/17/2010. Currently rated at a 70% combined SC. Had C&P done Oct 2011. All Medical Evidence including C&P has been submitted according to "Peggy". Ebenefits shows "Gathering of Evidence" and "What we still need from you". Spoke with REP at the 1000 number several weeks ago and he claimed 13 months was extremely long to be in Gathering stage. This is a pretty simple cut and dry.

2 questions:

1) Is ebennies accurate?

2) Is 13 months an inordinate amount of time to be in the Gathering stage.

Thanks in advance for you comments.

PS, Was recently awarded Fully Favorable Decision for SSDI for the same service connected issues,

Should I use this as more evidence for my VA Claim?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA only will back pay 14 months according to the VA Regs.

So if you think the VA is going to back pay over that you might be disappointed.

I was just informed of that a few days ago.

Welcome.

Who ever "informed" you that "The VA only will back pay 14 months according to the VA Regs."

provided you with incorrect / inaccurate / misleading / WRONG - information.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=d06981cc48b80695921dc1077fb6e488&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.4.2.69.173&idno=38

I concurr!! I am waiting on retro amount that goes back over 2 years. It is decided by the effective date-the date of the original claim, or for that matter an appeal, or reconsideration of the orignal effective date of the claim.

13 months!!! I was in "Gathering Evidence" for over 24 months. Now, I'm in the I might make a decison phase, but could send it backwards stage.

Papa

I think they are hoping we die, and their bonuses will go up. sad.png It's sad!!

Stay strong, and never stop fighting!

Here we are once again, 6 months after my original post and its as if nothing ever moves in the system. The only change has been an addition to the ebennies claim summary that gives an `estimated time for completion`. Aug 4 2011 to June 13 2012. Anyone give any credence to this new ebennies addition? Or is it another ploy to stifle inquiries?

My original claim date was Aug 2010. My estimated completion date was Feb 2012. I'm still waiting for some kind of notice. I don't get the letters from the VA anymore and the American Legion won't take my calls or help when I walk into their office. My best source for info and guidance is here on www.hadit.com.

Don't hold your breath, I did and it took a toll on my health. Constant worrying and hoping only led to disappointment. Don't do what I did and wait on the VA. Go and enjoy time with your family, friends, or take up a hobby or start a new one. Just think that you are already in line holding a number. You number will be called.