VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Ebenefits Accurate?

Rate this question

FlyN2High

Question

Filed a compensation claim for (adjustment disorder with depressed mood (now claimed as bipolar condition) (Increase), unemployability ) On 12/17/2010. Currently rated at a 70% combined SC. Had C&P done Oct 2011. All Medical Evidence including C&P has been submitted according to "Peggy". Ebenefits shows "Gathering of Evidence" and "What we still need from you". Spoke with REP at the 1000 number several weeks ago and he claimed 13 months was extremely long to be in Gathering stage. This is a pretty simple cut and dry.

2 questions:

1) Is ebennies accurate?

2) Is 13 months an inordinate amount of time to be in the Gathering stage.

Thanks in advance for you comments.

PS, Was recently awarded Fully Favorable Decision for SSDI for the same service connected issues,

Should I use this as more evidence for my VA Claim?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My approach while I waited was to work an hour or two every day on my claim mostly research. Comply quickly with any request and make my appointments on time. I did call peggy at least once a month.

It wasn't easy but eventually you get an answer.

Sometimes Ebenefits is Accurate. It seem that the VA take months to update its information.

Just an update........... I called Claims Management 202-273-7453 And after an extended conversation with a nice lady was informed that she would do an in depth inquiry and have the RO contact me. 3 days later the RO (St Pete) actually called back and said there was a discrepency with my claim. Once this was rectified, ebenefits went from gathering evidence to pending decision approval in less than a week. note: The RO never contacted me through any medium to tell me a discrepency was holding up progress on my claim. Moral of the story: Never give up pestering these people. They are overwhelmed and understaffed and probably miss alot of important issues. Its the claimants responsibility to keep on top of them, otherwise they will drop the ball and you will be left holding the waiting game bag. I dont know if claim was approved yet, but either way I know being proactive helped to move it along. Thanks to all who answered my questions and lent their ear and thanks to everyone of you that served. God Bless and good luck in your pursuit of the benefits you deserve.