VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Results

Rate this question

militarynurse

Question

I recently had a C & P exam after 16 years for neurology and orthopedic conditions. The results I got back are titled "Confidential AD HOC Summary" . Anyone know what that title means or why the C & P exam is titled like that?

I believe I was scheduled for the C & P exam after 16 years @ 70% because I didn't drop my comp claim at the BVA.

The neurology exam was about 20 seconds long. I was asked to touch my nose with my fingertip and the doctor tapped my arms with a rubber hammer. From that the doctor gathered that my "motor, power, tone and bulk are normal in the upper and lower extremities" and "he has good heel-knee-shin. Gait is normal".

Being that I was in a wheelchair and have a positive EMG for service-connected cervical radiculopathy, I find that neurology exam more than a bit off the mark.

What should I do about it?

Thank you.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I strongly recomend the neuro-psych exam to see if you can count backword from 10. (there is much more to it than that) The VA is right on to request it.

You cannot be rated any more than 10% for post cunncusive syndrome without a diagnoses of multi infarct dementia. This is most often proven with neuro-psych testing. Or unless your arms, hand leg, or other neurological muscular functioning is obviously impaired. Simular to stroke. Your C&P didn't show that though. That is what they were looking for.

As for the multi-infarct dementia, this does not mean you get lost going to the store as it does for old age. It means there are damaged brain cells due to trauma.

My neuro-psych testing discovered things I did not know was happening from my post cuncussive syndrom. It got me the rating I deserve.

Time

If you got a GAF of 50 for MDD you should be able to get 70% for that alone. 50 is the magic number on the GAF scale. Anything below is ususally 100% and above is 50-30%. How did they rate the MDD? A GAF of 50 means you have serious symptoms. As we all know a GAF score is not all there is but it is significant and corresponds with a host of symptoms that would incapacitate most from work.

Would be nice if true, I have GAF scores from 35 to 45 and get 30% for MDD :D

• HadIt.com Elder

Bro, if you got a GAF of 35-40 and only got 30% then you were low balled in a most serious way. Did you appeal that rating? It is complete nonsense. The GAF of someone with a score of 35 points to a person who is actively psychotic. A person with MDD and a GAF of 35 is probably in the midst of a deep and severe depression. Just read the symptomology of a person with a GAF of 35. It is horrendous. I am just saying you were screwed on this and if your GAF is still that low you need to be 100%. You know I am not critical of you and what you say, but I think you were done an injustice.

John -I agree with you 100% and Military nurse- are you working? If not here is a TDIU form attachment-I suggest to refer to this in your NOD and tell them you present a severe disability profile due to your clinical record and service and ask them to consider you for TDIU.

TDIU is the 100% rate---single vet $2,393 a month.

Under Remarks attach a separate page and tell them how the meds affect your ability to work- dont take and drink, causes confusionstuff like that- and if I were you I wuld apply for SSA too.

Edited by Berta

Forgot it- here it is

While it's true that a GAF of 35 is low and the criteria to get it would be simular to a 70-100% rating by the rating scale for mental disorders, GAF is not the sole determining factor in ratings.

While I agree that a 30% rating is low for a GAF of 35, the GAF is fluid. Meaning it changes by the hour. Up and down. Where the rating scale is is determined by functioning ability over a period of time.

Not trying to be contrarian. Just that we shouldn't rely so heavily on a GAF score. Obviously the raters don't. To get to the elusive 70-100% and/or IU we need to hear the key word from the mental health pro, examiner or treating, - - - unemployable.

Time