VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Results

Rate this question

militarynurse

Question

I recently had a C & P exam after 16 years for neurology and orthopedic conditions. The results I got back are titled "Confidential AD HOC Summary" . Anyone know what that title means or why the C & P exam is titled like that?

I believe I was scheduled for the C & P exam after 16 years @ 70% because I didn't drop my comp claim at the BVA.

The neurology exam was about 20 seconds long. I was asked to touch my nose with my fingertip and the doctor tapped my arms with a rubber hammer. From that the doctor gathered that my "motor, power, tone and bulk are normal in the upper and lower extremities" and "he has good heel-knee-shin. Gait is normal".

Being that I was in a wheelchair and have a positive EMG for service-connected cervical radiculopathy, I find that neurology exam more than a bit off the mark.

What should I do about it?

Thank you.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just had another appointment with the VA psychiatrist. My new assessment is: Axis I: Major depressive disorder recurrent R/O major depression due to general medical condition. Axis V: GAF 50

Does the diagnosis "Major depressive disorder recurrent" versus "Major depression due to generalized medical condition" make any difference in getting SC'd granted for depression?

M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 6, Section B

Inferred issues. is to deduce from issue, Introduce. Such as claim for compensation is proven other issues eledgible such as SMC, Housebound, ect.

A medical condition not claimed woud be under potential listed int he same chapter of the M21.

Edited by jstacy