VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Qualified For E-Benefits !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

I have talked to the people at E-Benefits and they tell me I can't sign up for E-Benefits because I don't receive any compensation. I am at 0% SC. I thought I saw a post from someone that was on E-Benefits and they were 0%.

They tell me when I receive at least 10% they will be happy to sign me up.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am also frustrated as I cannot get signed up either. 1) I served prior to 1985 (or whatever the year when service people were issued DEED #) 2) I also live nearly a state away from my VARO. 3) As suggested, I went to my regional med center to have identity verified, I was told, "yes, they say that we can do that, but we can't help you as we don't even know how this works.. (and this was the records office where I was told this would happen.) So I had to give up. I have been on myhealthevet for a long time and order scripts there.

Yesterday I went to the local Benefits office in the city close to where I live. Waited a couple of hours and they signed me up for E-Benefits. Now I'm a happy camper.

Came home and tried to log in to E Benefits and the site was down for several hours, much to my disapointment. Logged in this morning with no problem and am now feeling my way around the site.

Also something very interesting I learned while at this office. This VA Benefits office is a satellite office for the RO. They do everything here but rate claims. They were very helpful to me and told me I can bring any new materials or evidence that I want to submit and they would deliver it to the RO.

The VA employees that I talked with were very nice and also very helpful. I will be using this office again, thats for sure.

Thought I would post this if it helps someone else.

Brian

Glad you got on ebenefits. See how easy it was once you got the info. Just make sure you don't forget your passcode. The system locked me out after 3 failed attempts and I had the wrong answer on a security question. I got the folks that issued the acct on the phone and I was able to go to my healthevet and reset my passcode with them on the phone. This was after I had the acct for awhile.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Glad you got on ebenefits. See how easy it was once you got the info. Just make sure you don't forget your passcode. The system locked me out after 3 failed attempts and I had the wrong answer on a security question. I got the folks that issued the acct on the phone and I was able to go to my healthevet and reset my passcode with them on the phone. This was after I had the acct for awhile.

It was a hassle getting on E-Benefits so I will guard my passwords very carefully. I can see where E-Benefits will be a big help...if they keep the info updated.

My understanding is that MyHealtheVet has nothing to do with eBenefits. I have an account with MHV that I've had since it started and I still had to prove myself with eBenefits. Fortunately, I did it on the phone without having to go to my local VA office.