VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stressed Over Stressor Letter; Near Done; Advice?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After too many years a 4 page stressor letter near done; any last minute advice?

Letter organized with miitary history, major stressors; attachments lettters,reports, diagnosis,Cfile.SMR etc.

Thanks and pray for me..cg

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes !! Apply for Social Security. Use all the same paperwork you used for your VA Claim !!

File Now !! Massive Assault !!

Keep fighting. Get some meds to help you sleep. Get up, work on claim. Drink coffee, work on claim. Eat something good, work on claim. Stretch you body, walk around the perimeter. Clean bunker. Work on claim. Fght the VA and win !!

Never give up.

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes !! Apply for Social Security. Use all the same paperwork you used for your VA Claim !!

Felt volitle working on stressor letter, will redo militarisms keep SSDI letter same strength TY again

• HadIt.com Elder

CG, You do NOT need to copy Stressor Letter to SS. Both agencies will ask how the PTSD impacts your DAILY living . . . I asked them to come and live with me for a week. They declined. Had they done so, they'd have gone screaming for the hills LOL! Keep your paper trail organized: copy everything, take names. Trust your own heart, even when your brain is running on empty. I think you are close to the finish line. You will feel exhausted. Filing this PTSD claim, for me, was harder than giving birth to my kids. Honestly. Never give up! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

CG, Please take care of yourself, it's so hard, all of this. I hope you make some new friends along the way ... but remember the VA is not our friend. Consider them a neutral force: neither good nor bad. Your stressor letter, if written with heart will allow them to see the human side of the equation. Your evidence is necessary to prove what you say is true. Both are hard, painful: telling and proving. Once you do this part, you never have to do it again!

Hope you are getting some support back stage! During my claims process, I flatly refused to talk to or be examined by any male VA personnel. The VA did honor this request of mine. My C&P Examiner (she) was sincere and respectful. I cried the whole time. I still refuse to share the details in person with any male medical type person. I'm like STFU alright, next! OMG, I feel for you sister. My prayers are with you. I think you're doing great ;-) Try to rest in-between the waves of fear and heartache. God hears our prayers: truley he does. ~Silver Wings