VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Direct Deposit Returned

Rate this question

mdb72388

Question

Hey everyone I checked today on my direct deposit that was rejected from my closed account.. saw my money was returned, the va told me they dont know how long till it comes back because the check tracing... anyone know how long an estimate? he told me they dont take longer than 2 weeks and if i dont have it by monday to call again. just curious in need of my $ for finances

it was issued Jan 30th 2012, I did the check trace Feb 2nd 2012.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am seeking information as I had my retero compensation returned to the VA because the amount was too large for the netspend card, The payment was made 28 Sept. It was returned to the VA 30 Sept 2016, since then I have emaild IRIS and called the 800 number several more time. I did not know I would be receiving this money nor did I know the card had a limit on it. Upon receiving notice I contacted the 1-800 that is listed on my ebenfits page...4 times before I was informed that my account was suspended which I didn't know what that meant til today, upon contacted iris, I got a reply that stated they were sorry for the inconvenience and that they had sent a email asking for my account to be unsuspended. I was never informed this with the first 3 reps I spoke with. On 11 Oct I telephoned an this rep ask me a series of questions, she read me disclosures which no other rep had done. On 13 Oct I received a response from IRIS as I had emailed them asking for an elevation to a supv. but the response said it had only been 2 days since an email was sent requesting account be un-suspended...I beg to differ it had been 13 days. My ebenefits account still reflects the return payment, it still tells me to call into the 800 number and update my account, which I have done twice and still have received nothing. No one can tell me how long is the process is. When will I get my money back. Now I disciover I wont get my monthly checks, travel pay of anything till this issue is resolved.  

I checked ebenefits today it says returned checks and has the returned check but the tracer could hold it awhile the guy said, doesnt it make since "hey we got the $ back we can stop the trace" nothing to trace if u have the $ back... sigh...

It should not take too long, just a little in house (VA) verification. VA has to verify the routing numbers and make sure they have the correct information before they resend your payyment.

Hey Buddy, Glad you're back....yeah it makes sense but we're talking about Va and the government....I guess they have to follow procedures to cover their rears. I think within the week your acct will have it. Let us know.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper