VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change In E-Benefits Status -Very Confusing I Need Help

Rate this question

lugnut

Question

Two days ago I looked at my ebenefits claim status and it stated "your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing". Tonight, I looked again and there are two entries: Date/type of claim 04/08/2010(1) "claim received" administrative review.

(2)04/08/2010 Date closed updates

compensation 2/13/2012 APPEAL IS POSSIBLE

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Can anyone tell me what this might mean?? What would admin review be? Why would they send out a decision and then review that same decision? Seems like that is putting the cart before the horse--but then again, we're talking about the Gov't----. Sounds like I've got more work ahead of me tho. Thanks for the help her fellow vets.

Lugnut AKA Buddy

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Two days ago I looked at my ebenefits claim status and it stated "your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing". Tonight, I looked again and there are two entries: Date/type of claim 04/08/2010(1) "claim received" administrative review.

(2)04/08/2010 Date closed updates

compensation 2/13/2012 APPEAL IS POSSIBLE

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Can anyone tell me what this might mean?? What would admin review be? Why would they send out a decision and then review that same decision? Seems like that is putting the cart before the horse--but then again, we're talking about the Gov't----. Sounds like I've got more work ahead of me tho. Thanks for the help her fellow vets.

Lugnut AKA Buddy

Did you look at your letter section in E-Benefits and see what your percentage is...When they closed my claim and

gave me 100% P&T with no future exams it also said "Appeal is Possible". What they did was Increase my heart condition

to 100% and denied TDIU, I put a claim in for both!

Good Luck,

NJ

• HadIt.com Elder

Appeal is possible for one year after the decision is made and mailed.

When a claim has deferred portions, it's possible that the VA will assign an incorrect limit to the time to appeal the deferred items.

If errors reach the level of "CUE" in the decision, the year is not the limit.

When an award is made, and does not include the maximum that a veteran applied for, or that might be inferred,

an appeal is usually needed to try to get the maximum.

The VA usually regards a 100% "schedular" P&T award as TDIU, although there is a technical difference.

A major distinction is that most P&T awards allow a veteran to work, (100% PTSD seems to be the exception)

and TDIU requires reoccurring "proof" via an annual VA form that a veteran is not working.

I appealed to DRO in Oakland 2 1/2 years ago. Ebenefits still shows the status in the first phase as "appeal pending". They don't have a section for DRO NOD so it is shown in the BVA status area. All the verbiage and status phases relate to BVA not DRO. I have had several C&P exams and have provided all my medical records. VA says they have everything they need to make a decision.

Appears to me that Ebenefit status is worthless for appeals through DRO.

Other experience?

ShortArms

I appealed to DRO in Oakland 2 1/2 years ago. Ebenefits still shows the status in the first phase as "appeal pending". They don't have a section for DRO NOD so it is shown in the BVA status area. All the verbiage and status phases relate to BVA not DRO. I have had several C&P exams and have provided all my medical records. VA says they have everything they need to make a decision.

Appears to me that Ebenefit status is worthless for appeals through DRO.

Other experience?

ShortArms

I am in the same boat. If you look and see how long it has been taking just to get a regular claim approved(2-3 years) multiply that times 2 or 3 for an appeal claim whether it is a NOD, or DRO.

For myself, I am concentrating on submitting new claims, and appealing those that are denied.