VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claims & Disability Benefits Questionnaire Info

megh did a good job answering truck...i cant add much without seeing the fact pattern, but we dont rate except in whole #s, & like megh said the 5% causing hypersomnolence & issues with work & requiring CPAP machine is the highest sleep apnea goes. As long as sleep apnea shows it began in service (records should show complaints or treatment or at least symptoms) then u should be good. I have never heard of apnea being secondary to headaches, chest pains, depression or hypertension, so if u claimed it like that it will most likely be denied as secondary to any of them.

sorry if continuing here carlie, just hard for me to look all over the forums for stuff. i shut up now!

Veldrina, I had sleep apnea problems while in service, noted in my STR that I complained of sleep problems, and all the doctor did for me was to tell me to follow the laws of sleep. I was rated 30% for HTN , aggravated by my service . Claim was denied for sleep apnea, although tested twice and have to use a CPAP machine since 2009. Denial stated no record of this in service althoigh I had noted my sleep problems. Seems like the old application of deny, deny and hope they die doctrine! I have IMO, copies of sleep apnea tests, but never tested while on AD, just told to follow the laws of sleep!

Sorry, forgot to mention that this was a military doctor who told me to follow the laws of sleep.

I was lucky enough to get multiple DBQ's filled out by dr's before retirement - Neuro, Podiatry, ENT/Audiology, Pulmonary Sleep Lab & Gastro.

Others "declined" as those particualr dr's did not want to be accountable for exam, which I understand their reputation is on the line and helping servicemembers withthose forms is just a career ender (sarcasm). At least there are some not worried about their reputations and more about the care they provide.

Is there an expiration on the forms? I tried to have them filled out as close to retirement date as possible so I could forward with claim, so I am hoping I would not have to do the process all over.

JB

I have recently received approval on my SSD due to PTSD ( I am currently at 70% PTSD and 10 % Diabetes) I have applied for unemployability with VA. My question is will the SSD help my VA claim?

I have recently received SSD based solely on PTSD (Mental) I have a claim in for unempolablity with the VA. Will the SSD help my VA Claim

Sorry all but this topic is being closed.

It has turned into a hodge-podge of multiple members

information and questions.

Please - pick out a forum that pertains to YOUR information and questions

and start a topic for YOU.

We can't keep up when several different members add their info and questions

into one topic.

Thanks