VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suboxone

Rate this topic

The heck with that . IM AN OPIATE DEPENDANT! DONT TAKE THAT CRAP. JUST SLOWLY REDUCE your opiate with a taper, and its not near as bad as they would have you think. IVE DONE IT! If you need strong pain meds there will come a time when one needs to go into withdrawal, first one thing/then another! People do it all the time. But look up how addictive and hard to get off subs are. DONT DO IT! Theres gonna be discomfort NO MATTER WHAT ROUTE YOU GO, but with subs youll still be addicted to somethin g thats worse than these others. WHY DO YOU THINK IT GETS YA OFF THIS OTHER STUFF> STRONGER< NO BUZZ> STILL STRONG STUFF, ADDICTIVE. DONT DO IT!!!!!! PLEASE> YOU WILL THANK ME LATER.! Mystic

sorry john, jmo educated opinion!

Edited by mysticcherokee usn vet

• 2 weeks later...

i was on methadone and low dose of oxy got cut off 2 wks ago,day before renewal due to arrive it sucked for 5 days, no patient interest at all, no stronger nsaids or neurontin, get real. subs are not for pain i agree had to help wife clean a therapist office had literature everywhere on it stated not for pain, yet have heard people put on it for ? pain. i am not an md, but former nav corpsman and worked for ophthalmologists for 25 yrs after. i have a decent knowledge about medicine. i think

• 5 years later...

How does one distinguish between being addicted to Opioid drugs and being addicted to the pain relief Opioids bring?  When someone asks me if I am addicted to Hydrocodone I answer that I am addicted to pain relief.