VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Side Effects Of Paxil

Rate this topic

Since having my daily dose of paxil increased to 60 mg, I have noticed bouts of feeling really hot & sweating a lot. Has anyone else on paxil noticed such a side effect? I told my non-English speaking shrink who upped the dosage in the first place about this but she just dismissed the whole thing as being "hot flashes".

Liz

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allanopie

Hello goofycow,

I'm taking Paxil & also get hot swets. But i've been experiencing this for a good many yrs before taking paxil.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I took Paxil I had the same problem would break out into sweats at weird times.

• HadIt.com Elder

Liz & Allan & Pete:

I have been on Paxil in the past. As a matter of fact ... I have been on many of the anti-depressants.

Zoloft aka "Blast Off' was the worst ... and Remeron & Paxil worked the best on me.

Sweats ... I can't remember ... but they sure do knock down your "Sexual Function" as a male.

I have talked to other males and the main side effects were ... (1) ED ... and .. (2) Sweats & Chills.

FYI .... For me only ... I found that by NOT taking the anti-depressants and sticking with a good anti-anxiety drug like Klonopin has really helped me a lot.

Liz .... FYI .... maybe 15 years ago ... civilian docs had me on mega doses of Zoloft and Xanax and it made me even more sleepy and depressed ..... so ... after years of experimenting ..... I have now learned what works best for me and it is .... one drug and in a light dose too ..... KLONOPIN ... which is a ligher and longer acting agent like Xanax ..... I call "Klonopin" .... "VERY LITE XANAX"....

Xanax is super for a rapid panic attack though ... but with the Klonopin ...the panic attacks can really be controlled too. Xanax acts fast and hits hard and leaves fast .... Klonopin acts slow .. stays longer and is my miracle drug.

Needless to say ...never "Cold Turkey" anti-depressants either. I went cold turkey off 300 mg (mega dose) of Zoloft years ago and my body felt like a rubber water balloon. ... :wacko:

Sorry for the mindless babling .... but I wanted to express how some of those drugs worked on me.

Good luck ....

...Magoo .. aka ... Bill ... :)

• HadIt.com Elder

For the record Bill Xanax is the main reason I am able to be here. It is the only med that I refuse to change.

• HadIt.com Elder

Liz, If you are menopausal, you might also consider some hormone replacement. I'm definately peri-meno and have night sweats but not all month. I have never stayed on medication long enough to see if they work: side effects for me are scarier than my current anxiety. I take some women's herbs and am working up the nerve to go traditional Chinese medicine. That's just me, so don't take my advice to the bank - and no, I don't bother trying to educate my VA docs about herbs (the mother of western medicince). ~Wings