VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mood Disorder

Rate this topic

JT24usn

Overall is 60%

50 mental

20&10 7328/7318

10 tinnitus

Sorry, always use phone and can't seem to update.

I think the pills are helping. What do I tell a doctor that may say there is improvement. Again, don't mind raking the pills just don't want her to say I amgetting better when it helps but is not a miracle drug. Still het anxious and but not as agitated. Ups and downs. Sad you her to CyA wight the person you are confiding to.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your awards,

As to the meds issue, always keep your provider up to date on the side effects and symptoms you are experiencing. I am not a doctor so take free advice for what it is worth, but i have been on anti-depressants, anxiety meds for years. Drugs for depression are not a cure, and dosing increases can be dangerous, and actually worsen the condition. You are not complaining, or being greedy if you are honest as to how you are feeling. If med increases make you nervous TELL your doctor. How you manage your depression is as much about communication as it is about what and how much of something you are taking, and should not interfere with your rating.My experience with depression is that it can be chronic and you will go through periods when you feel okay, and then periods when you feel like the world is ending. Like others I would never go in to the VA and say "I feel great, I am cured!" because even if I were feeling that may for the moment, I know from experience that those feelings can change on dime, and the VA will seek to deny benefits for statements like that. I will advise you to take inventory on how you are feeling over time and bring those feelings to the VA docs and if condition worsens not to just take the increased meds because a little book tells your doc it is what you should do, but to make sure your symptoms are what is driving what goes into your examination record (these are used for future ratings) regardless of what you choose (and it is your choice) to take and not.

Congrats again

Molly Marine

• HadIt.com Elder

Even people who get the best of care for their mood disorder have to deal with life events that make normal people depressed. Also, drugs stop working sometimes and they interact with other drugs. Mood disorders are co-morbid with lots of physical illnesses. If you are already prone to being depressed having some new disorder like cancer is really going to bring you down most likely. These emotional disorders bleed into each other because depression and anxiety often go together along with substance abuse. Life is not simple.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use