VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification

Rate this topic

aggie54

Ok, I need some help here. I was in Notification Stage this morning, then went to Review of Evidence again, but I looked at Ebenefits and they put me at 90% but didn't dot the P or T. Then I went to VA letters and it says.This letter certifies that Domingo Aguilar is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Gross Benefit Amount $1661.00. This is for a single person, but I'm married, then it says Effective Date March 1,2012. I was under the impression that I would be back dated from the day after I retired which was Sept 1, 2010. My question is, will they retro pay from the day after I retired or what? As for the dependant problem I can send them my marriage certificate not a problem. Why would they give me a 90% and send me back to Review of Evidence? And what will happen with my Unemployablity since I am already receiving my social security, plus I haven't seen anything as for the SMC since I lost my left eye sight while in the Military, is this the reason they sent it back to Review of Evidence to correct these unanswer questions. I know this seems like alot of questions, please forgive me but I'm just confuse about it all.

Thanks, and any information will be greatly appreicated.

Agiie.

aggie,

Not sure about Ebenefits, but I am sure that you are entitled to back pay to the day after discharge from active duty, and once they receive your marraige certificate, you will be entitled to the married rate back to the day after discharge or the day of marraige, whichever came second. Your SSD doesnt affect service connection so you can collect both! If they rate you at 90% and you arent or cant work, I would ask for a medical opinion stating that you cant work due to your disabilites so you can get IU at 100%.

donna

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use