VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

Seabee64

Question...As of this week, I am 90% (87.7528) service connected through the VA for PTSD at 70%, migraines 30%, neck 20%, TBI 10%, left cervical spylondosis 10%, right cervical spylondosis 10%. I am now a reservist living in Shreveport, LA and I have a seperate package for the military that has been sent to Providence, Rhode Island and is in the gathering evidence phase. It was originally submitted only for PTSD but they have seen fit to include seizure disorder to the claims for me.These are two seperate things; one for the military and one for the VA. I never included seizure disorder in my claim for the VA. I had epilepsy when I was little but had long since outgrown it before entering the military and no, I did not disclose this to them.I only have 13 years with the military as a reservist and served two years in Iraq where I had an accident that injured my head and about three months later, I started having seizures again. I've been on 1000mg of Keoora and taking Topamax for the last four years and under a neurologist care ( all through the VA ) so all the medical evidence is there, I just never told the military. I went in September for a MEDBOARD review to Florida and between the PTSD and seizures, the military will not be retaining my services. I am in the process of early retirement at 50 % of my pay from my my job of 22 years because I just can't hang in there anymore...it's too much. My question is, on the military side of my claim in the gathering evidence phase they stated that "We need evidence showing that the following condition(s) existed from military service to the present time" referring to my seizure disorder. What do I do? Everything is documented in my service records and VA records and I was taking no medication until I sought treatment at the VA four months after returning from Iraq. It is well documented in my records that I have about 1 seizure every three weeks to a month but it is considered under controll and my doctors don't want to jack around with my medication. My idea is to just let it ride and see what happens but I would like some advice from the experts. Thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a standard response about needing evidence. If you haven't done so already you should write them and identify any va facilities where you were treated. They should be able to get thet info on their own but you know how that goes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go for TDIU because you need an extra 50% to get to 100% schedular. I am 90% TDIU. Same/same 100%.

Keep up with the VA and see that they receive all your medical records to rate you highest rating. God luck. I'm from Morgan City,La. Take care

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use