VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Menere's Sysdrome

Rate this question

saltydawg

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You bet-the doctor should not only help with an association but also make sure that this is what you actually have.

Meniere's Syndrome:

http://users.aol.com/inventmd/meniere.html

If the initial symptoms you are experiencing involve dizziness or vertigo- they can do tests to confirm Meniere.

I have a Meniere veteran- at least I did-

he was diagnosed with Meniere due to dizziness and then they found out his dizzy spells were transcient strokes.

He was awarded Sec 1151 benefits as their lack of timely diagnosis caused him eventually to be unable to work due to strokes.

In your case this is most likely due to the hearing loss and tinnitus.

my primary care call to let me know that my c/t came back normal.she read me the ear docs statment. he said that the dissyness was not vastublir and ordered another hearing test to see if i have hearing loss.i am 0% s/c hearing loss & 10% tinnis.this is a va doc.do u think i should wait until after this next hearing test an send my records to doc bash?

Salty- have you been in direct contact with Dr. Bash already on this?-

He should certainly be sent any med recs at all that are available.

Dr. Bash- very user friendly-

http://www.veteransmedadvisor.com/

Salty- have you been in direct contact with Dr. Bash already on this?-

He should certainly be sent any med recs at all that are available.

Dr. Bash- very user friendly-

http://www.veteransmedadvisor.com/

no not yet.waiting for med. records from army & VA. i have some back problems. i hope they are not going to try and take my s/c tinnis & hearing loss away from me. the new hearing test is more indepth but should steel should show a hearing loss becouse i didnot fake my first test.i was in a 175 mm arty. unit very loaud.ammo sect. handled alot of heavy pro-jos.

Hi,

My brother-in-law was in the Navy and was in the Gulf War. He got out I think in 1995. When he was discharged, he was told he had Menere's Disease and think he also had vertigo with it. Anyway, he can't seem to hold a job at all and might make a couple 1000 dollars a yr. if that, is there anything he can do at this point or is it too late?

He never filed a VA claim and I don't know why.

Thanks,

sbrewer